- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
Return to the coach and drive past the towering Japanese House of Parliament en route to the Imperial Palace East Garden. Located outside the Imperial Palace on the grounds of a former Edo-era castle, the expansive grounds contain a tea pavilion, traditional Japanese garden, a moat and stone walls.
Next, walk along Nakamise Shopping Street, a colorful promenade lined with food stands and souvenir shops that leads up to Tokyo's oldest and most significant Buddhist temple, Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji). Your guide takes you through the market to tour the magnificent architecture, shrines, and Japanese gardens around the temple.
Leave Asakusa Kannon Temple and drive by the celebrated Ginza shopping district with its eye-popping neon lights, department stores and giant theaters. Then sit down for a Western-style lunch at Pastel-Tei restaurant, which overlooks Hamarikyu Garden, Tokyo’s only surviving seaside garden from the Edo period. (In 2017, you'll head to Yurakucho to join a traditional Japanese dance activity before enjoying a lunch buffet.)
When you finish your meal, board a large boat for a 1-hour cruise around Tokyo Bay. Snap photos of Tokyo’s skyline and iconic sights such as Rainbow Bridge. At the end of your cruise, check out the futuristic waterfront shopping district called Aqua City Odaiba. Keep an eye out for architectural fancies in this area, including the Fuji TC Building, Tokyo Big Sight, and Telecom Center.
Your tour ends at Tokyo Station as you make your own way to your hotel.
Please note: On Mondays, Fridays and other days when the Imperial Palace East Garden is closed, you will visit Imperial Palace Plaza instead.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu and Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno and Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza and Tokyo Station
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome and ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 8:40am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Tour concludes at Tokyo Station's Marunouchi South Exit at approximately 5:10pm. Hotel drop-off is not available.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Panoramic Tokyo Day Tour - Meiji Shrine, Asakusa Temple and Tokyo Bay Cruise
- 50-minute Tokyo Bay cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and (selected hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Infant meals not included
- Please note, hotel pickup is available from selected hotels in Tokyo and must be requested at least 24hrs in advance. If you cannot find your hotel on the list, please choose the nearest hotel offered (except for New Sanno).
- Hotel pickup at New Sanno is only offered for guests of the New Sanno Hotel.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Rajan B, January 2017
Reviewed by: barrie.slee, January 2017
Another fantastic tour we had only a few days in Tokyo and wanted to see as much as possible and this ticked all the boxes, great guides sights, and food