Here, visit the Great Buddha of Kamakura at Kotoku-in Temple. Dating back to 1252, the monumental outdoor bronze statue is a national icon. Peer into its interior (the statue is hollow), and then step back to take a photo of the whole Buddha, which stands at a height of 43 feet (13 meters).
You’ll also visit a Shinto shrine, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu, dating back to 1063, and surrounded by avenues of gateways, monumental stairways, ponds and shrines.
Stroll along Komachi-dori, a street lined with shops, eateries and souvenir vendors. Then enjoy a Japanese lunch at a hotel.
After your meal, visit Hokoku-ji, a renowned temple of the Rizal sect’s Kencho-ji school that features a beautiful bamboo grove. At Jomyo-ji Temple, enjoy matcha — powdered green tea — in the refined and tranquil atmosphere of a tearoom constructed over 400 years ago, and enjoy views of the Japanese rock garden.
On your way back to Tokyo, drive over Tokyo Bay via the Yokohama Bay Bridge; your tour then ends with your choice of drop-off in the commercial district of Ginza or Shinjuku.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu and Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno and Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza and Tokyo Station
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome and ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 8:40am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Full-Day Kamakura, Yokohama and Tokyo Bay Tour
- Hotel pickup from the selected hotels in the Tokyo area
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Itinerary order is subject to change depending on traffic, weather and operation hours
- All participants must be in good walking condition, as the temple has many stairs
- Please note, hotel pickup is available from selected hotels in Tokyo. If you cannot find your hotel on the list, please choose the nearest hotel offered (except for New Sanno).
Hotel pickup at New Sanno is only offered for guests of the New Sanno Hotel. Travelers can also opt to meet directly at the meeting point
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Bronte E, August 2016
Great fun! the giant Buddha is worth the trip just in itself. We packed so many beautiful places into one day and had a traditional lunch that was included. The trip to and from Kamakura went smoothly, returning back right on time in the evening. Tour guide was great! Highly recommended to everyone!
Reviewed by: christine, August 2016
This was our first trip of the week and it was well worth doing. Seeing the giant Buddha, the bamboo groves, the Shrines and Temples, it really packs a lot into one day. Our guide was very good. Lunch was very nice. Would recommend this trip.