- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Pass Fuschlsee (Lake Fuschl) and admire Schloss Fuschl, the gorgeous castle-like hotel on its banks. Next, visit the historic village of St Wolfgang, a small but picturesque market town on the shores of Wolfgangsee, one of Austria's most famous lakes. Visit the church to marvel at the winged Gothic altar by 15th-century Austrian sculptor Michael Pacher, and stop by the White Horse Inn, the setting for a well-known musical comedy about a waiter with an unrequited love for the owner of the inn.
From October through April, enjoy coffee and cake at the White Horse Inn with its lovely views of Wolfgangsee. In the summer, take a relaxing boat ride across Wolfgangsee to St Gilgen, a small idyllic village where Mozart's mother was born. On the way, admire stunning views of the mountains Schafberg and Zwölferhorn (boat ride and coffee is not included with the package).
Head back toward Salzburg, taking in marvelous views of Mondsee. Since your tour is private, you can ask the guide about including other area attractions you'd like to see and take your time admiring the fantastic scenery. Your half-day trip through one of Austria's most beautiful regions concludes with drop-off at your Salzburg hotel.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private Austrian Lakes and Mountains Tour departing at 10am
USD $52.63Pricing details
Private Austrian Lakes and Mountains Tour departing at 2pm
USD $52.63Pricing details
Private Tour: Austrian Lakes and Mountains Tour from Salzburg
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private minivan or Mercedes E-Class
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Boat trip across Wolfgangsee (May 1 to October 26) ( 7.40 Euro) if requested
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Boat ride is from St Gilgen to St Wolfgang is 7.40 Euros per person. The ride is approxiamtely 40 minute across the lake to St Wolfgang
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Barry L, United States of America, May 2016
The scenery was so beautiful and the guide was so helpful in his exlanations.
Reviewed by: Barry L, United States of America, March 2016
After taking the Sound of Music tour first, I realized that there still was more lakes and cities to see around Salzburg. If you love the beauty of lakes and mountains, you can't get enough of them and this tour fit the bill.