- Breakfast included
- Exclusive to Viator
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Skip the line
- Small-group tour
Your tour finishes with skip-the-line access to St Peter’s Basilica through a reserved doorway. Learn about the artwork like Bernini’s Baldacchino canopy and Michelangelo’s Pieta sculpture before saying goodbye to your guide when your tour ends (you may continue to stay at St Peter’s Basilica, if you wish).
See the Itinerary for more information about the two tour options.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Vatican and Gardens 7.15am
Exclusive Breakfast at the Vatican Cafeteria with Vatican City and Gardens Bus Tour and Early Access to Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel at 7:15am - Note the tour is not suitable for kids under 6.
USD $158.73Pricing details
Vatican and Pinecone Court
Vatican VIP Experience: Exclusive Breakfast at the Vatican Pinecone Court with Early Access to Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel at 6.50am
USD $135.89Pricing details
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Vatican Museums and St Peter's Basilica
- Buffet breakfast inside the Vatican Museums
- 2.5-hour tour of the Vatican Museums
- Small-group walking tour
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Pre-booking this tour enables you to skip the long lines, which can take up to two hours, to enter the Vatican Museums. Please note, all visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point; expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- On rare occasions, St Peter’s Basilica closes without notice. If this happens, you will spend a full 3 hours touring the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. We will list affected dates as they become available. When possible, your tour guide will notify you if St Peter’s Basilica is unexpectedly closed at the start of the tour. It is beyond our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- If there is bad weather on the day of your tour, your breakfast will be served inside the restaurant, in the Pinecone Courtyard
- St Peter's Basilica, the grottos and the dome: After the tour, you may visit these attractions on your own. Your tour will end at the front of St Peter's Basilica, which is a very convenient location to leave for lunch, visit the Vatican bookstore, visit the Vatican post office, enter St Peter's Basilica, continue to the grottos below St Peter's or climb to the dome. Your tour guide will be happy to point you in the right direction
- Tours departing on Wednesdays: There is a possibility that St Peter's Basilica and St Peter's Square will be unavailable due to the weekly Papal Audience, during which access to St Peter's Basilica is closed. As an alternative, you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please DO NOT select Wednesday as your travel date
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Backpacks, tripods and big umbrellas must be left inside a cloakroom when entering the Vatican Museums. To reduce any disruption for your group, we recommend that backpacks are not taken on this tour
- Please note that due to Safety reason, infants under 6 years old are not allowed on the bus ride for “Exclusive Breakfast at the Vatican Cafeteria with Vatican City and Gardens Bus Tour and Early Access to Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel"
Take a seat for your outdoor buffet breakfast, which includes Italian and American items such as pastries, meats, cheese, eggs and pancakes made right in front of you. Sip coffee and fresh orange juice while you enjoy the tranquil setting of a quiet Vatican, before the crowds arrive.
After eating, follow your guide into the Vatican Museums complex, which is still closed to the general public at this point (there will probably be a few other pre-booked tour groups inside with you). In your small group limited to 16 people, let your guide show you the highlights of this vast landmark during your 2.5-hour tour. Visit the Gallery of Maps, Gallery of Tapestries and Raphael’s Rooms before making your way to the Sistine Chapel, the pope’s private place of worship where you can gaze in awe at Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam and The Last Judgment frescoes.
Finish up inside St Peter’s Basilica, where you’ll hear about the history of the artwork here before your tour ends.
Tour with breakfast and Vatican Gardens:
Enjoy a hearty American breakfast buffet in the Vatican cafeteria, where you can fill up on croissants, muffins, pancakes, fruit, cereal, cookies and made-to-order eggs, accompanied by espresso, American-style coffee and fresh juice.
After breakfast, hop on an open-air coach for a 45-minute tour through the Vatican City State, listening to historical stories and interesting facts from your guide during the ride. Pass by sights very rarely seen by members of the public, such as the Vatican railway station, the Great Jubilee bell, the meditation gardens used by popes since the 1200s and the pope’s private heliport. The Vatican Gardens are only accessible on select guided tours, so this is a unique way to see more of Vatican City than the typical visitor.
When the coach tour ends, your experience continues back at the Vatican Museums, where you’ll follow your historian guide through the galleries’ many artistic masterpieces, finishing up at St Peter’s Basilica (same Vatican Museums tour as described above).
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Ann R, September 2016
Manuela was the best tour guide!! She was personable and had great knowledge!
Reviewed by: sarah p, September 2016
Excellent Tour, enjoyed skipping the lines and the guides knowledge was excellent.