- All entrance fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multi-Day Trip
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Step back in time on a history tour
- See the sights illuminated at night
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
After booking, please contact local tour operator to provide specific pickup location in Delhi (contact info will be provided in confirmation voucher)
Exact pickup time will be confirmed by local tour operator
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Site visits per itinerary
- Entrance fees to all site attractions listed in itinerary
- English-speaking guide
- Overnight accommodation at a 3- to 4-star hotel
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Airport/hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from site locations in air-conditioned vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No strict dress code is enforced in tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen are highly recommended
- Maximum group size is 8 passengers
- Hotel rooms have either a double bed fit for 2 people. Please contact local tour operator after to request bed type; contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher. If you are traveling with an odd number of individuals, an additional bed will be placed in one room
- One of the following 3- to 4-star hotels in Jaipur will be booked for your tour
- Vesta Maurya Palace
- Hotel Glitz
- Hotel Golden Manor
- Hotel Mosaic
After pickup in Delhi by your guide, drive four hours (approx.) to Jaipur, the vibrant capital of Rajasthan, also known as India’s ‘Pink City’ because of its buildings painted a terra-cotta pink color. First, see Jal Mahal, an architectural beauty located in the middle of Man Sagar Lake. Admire how the red-sandstone palace seems to be floating in the middle of the lake, a testimony to the ambitious nature of early Indian architecture.
Transfer back to the hotel and enjoy lunch here. Spend the rest of the afternoon either relaxing and taking advantage of the facilities in the hotel or see the interesting pink buildings of Jaipur on your own.
In the evening, meet your guide at your hotel at a predetermined time and drive to Birla Temple (Lakshmi Narayan Temple), a Hindu temple dedicated to the god Vishnu (Narayan) and the goddess of wealth, Lakshmi. Walk around the temple with your guide and admire the white marble exterior brightly illuminated against the night sky. Inside, see shrines of Hindu gods and goddesses and panels decorated with paintings of mythological events.
Return to your hotel to dine at its elegant restaurant and spend the night.
Overnight: 3- to 4-star hotel in Jaipur (see below for list of possible hotels)
Day 2: Jaipur – Delhi (B)
After breakfast, check out of the hotel and relax on the drive to the Amber Fort, a Rajput-style fortress situated atop a hill overlooking Maota Lake. The palatial complex was built with red sandstone and marble and is divided into four main sections, which you will tour with your guide. You will find it hard to take your eyes off of the ornate decorations consisting of paintings, carvings and murals.
Then, drive to Hawa Mahal, a palace built in the form of the crown of the Hindu god Krishna. See the careful intermingling of Hindu-Rajput architecture on its domed canopies and Islamic-Mughal architecture on its arches featuring delicate metalwork patterns.
You will then be taken to the heart of Jaipur to visit City Palace, a palace complex with impressive gardens and historical buildings, including the Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal. See the fusion of Rajput and Mughal architecture with European detail. Visit the museum in Chandra Mahal with your guide to see its rich collection of royal costumes and Rajput weapons.
After, relax on your journey back to Delhi and arrive around nighttime.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Dian V, June 2016
Reviewed by: KAREN M, April 2016
Excellent in every way.
Driver was on-time and courteous. Had a bottle of water for each ready in the car.
We were 2 ladies, so were relieved to find such a professional driver, and very knowledgable guide. Sanjay knew all the little things like the perfect time of day for a particular photo, and the best time to get to the fort for the elephant ride. I can not fault this tour experience - I will take it again in future, as there is so much to see!