- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
When you arrive, your guide will pick up your group’s pre-ordered tickets and lead you on a 2-hour walking tour of the fascinating grounds. Witness the destruction first-hand as you visit Pompeii’s most famous sites, including the Forum, the Thermal Baths, Vetti's House and the Lupanare brothel, giving you a glimpse into daily life during the Pax Romana. Today you can see shapes of objects — even bodies — that were buried beneath the volcanic ash and pumice.
After your tour, enjoy a pizza lunch with your group followed by some free time to browse the shops. Then board the coach and drive 40 minutes to legendary Mt Vesuvius.
Embark on a moderate hike up the volcano with your guide. When you reach the summit at 3,900 feet (1,200 meters), you’ll be rewarded with panoramic views of the picturesque Bay of Naples from east to west. Peer down into the crater and see plumes of steam issuing from the sleeping, but still active, volcano!
There is a rest point where you can choose to wait for your group if you do not wish to climb all the way to the top, but the hike is worth the effort.
After your Mt Vesuvius hike, relax on the drive back to Naples in the early evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10:30am pickup is outside the Naples train station on the left, close to the Star Hotel Terminus garage entrance. The driver will display a sign with the lead traveler's name on it
USD $102.46Pricing details
10:15am pickup from your Naples hotel. Exact pickup time will be advised upon reconfirmation.
USD $102.46Pricing details
Crater of Mt Vesuvius, Italy
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide in Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius
- Entrance fees to Pompeii (approx. 13 euro) and Mt. Vesuvius (approx. 10 euro)
- Pizza with drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Walking shoes and a coat are recommended when climbing Vesuvius
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note that tour of Mt Vesuvius will be provided in English only
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Dee G, August 2016
Ausflug hat sich sehr gelohnt! Pompeii mit gutem Guide, der vieles zu erzählen hatte. Auch der Aufstieg auf den Vesuv war klasse, auch wenn es schon anstregend war. Das inkludierte Mittagessen war zwar geschmacklich gut, aber man wurde schon sehr arg in kurzer Zeit durchgeschleust. Der einzige kleine Minuspunkt.
Reviewed by: Daniel G, August 2016
Excellent, well organised tour with easy door to door pick up/drop off transport from our central Naples hotel. Knowledgeable and friendly guides who made the tour fun and interesting.