- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
Next, feel like Portuguese royalty as you enter the romantic Pena National Palace at the top of Sintra Mountain. See the Great Triton, the guardian of the palace, inspired by Manueline art. Inside the palace, admire the attention to detail in the bedrooms of the king and queen and the Arab Room.
Leave the palace and follow your guide to the historical center of Sintra, where you’ll have free time to explore the town, to visit Sintra National Palace (where the Portuguese royalty of the 15th and 16th centuries used to spend the summer months) or have some lunch (own expense). For dessert, try a travesseiro or a queijada, two delicious local pastries.
Next, admire the landscape of Sintra Natural Park, passing Quinta da Regaleira, Seteais Palace and the Palace of Monserrate on the way. Enjoy a photo opportunity at the cliffs of Roca Cape (Cabo da Roca), the westernmost point of Europe, and visit the surfer's paradise of Guincho Beach. Pass the cliff at Hell’s Mouth (Boca do Inferno), before stopping to stretch your legs along Cascais’ bay.
Wander around the center of Cascais, a former fishing village and today a popular holiday spot. Follow your guide through narrow alleyways and see the traditional Portuguese white houses or enjoy some time relaxing at the beach.
On the drive back to Lisbon where your tour concludes, soak up the scenic views along the Atlantic coast and in the town of Estoril.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day Trip from Lisbon
- Pena Palace and Pena Park entrance
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Guided visit inside monuments and buildings
- Entrance ticket to Sintra National Palace
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Duration of stop at Cascais Beach depends on weather conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Angela E, October 2016
Totally worth the trip. The architecture and history is amazing. It's a bit of a climb to get to the palace be prepared for some burning leg muscles or take the tram. The stop at the most western point of Portugal was a great view of the coastline. We found a great family business and had a nice leisurely lunch at our last stop on a beautiful day learning to enjoy all the lovely local food. Don't miss this tour.
Reviewed by: Terry E, October 2016
Sintra is just so beautiful. This was one of the highlights of my trip. Great guide and lots of history.