- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
A staggering 1,072 feet (327 meters) deep, the working salt mine is a vast network of underground pits, tunnels and chambers -- mostly carved by hand from the ground’s natural salt blocks. More than 20 of the chambers plus several of the tunnels are open to the public, and your guide will introduce you to their highlights.
Walk down the underground stairs, learning about salt mining in the town nearly 700 years ago when the mine was first built, and as you explore the surrounding tunnels and chambers, your guide will point out some incredible features. See the salt lake in Eram Baracz Chamber and visit shrines such as the Chapel of St Kinga – a church where pretty much everything (from its chandeliers to the altar) is made from salt.
See mythical-looking figures carved from salt and hear about the mine’s unique microclimate that is said to benefit asthma and allergy sufferers. The public areas of the mine are also home to an exhibition that documents the history of mining in Poland, and your guide will talk you through some of the more fascinating artifacts. Learn about mining techniques in the Middle Ages and study some old maps of the mine.
Your Wieliczka Salt Mine tour finishes at a depth of 443 feet (135 meters), at which point you’ll step into the mine’s high-speed lift with your guide to return above ground. Travel back to central Krakow with your guide, finishing your trip back at your hotel.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
October -Aprilbetween 9am and 4pm
NOTE:Time depends on guide's availability at the museum but you can always suggest what time you would like to start the visit.Please kindly confirm the exact timing with the local operator directly via the number provided on voucher.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Private guide
- Entrance fee to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- The temperature of the salt mine is approximately 57 degrees Fahrenheit (14 degrees Celsius); please wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes
- Participants must be able to walk a lot of steps
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Nancy J, January 2017
This is a must when you visit Krakow!!!!!
Reviewed by: yvonne g, September 2016