- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Stretch your legs on a walk, ambling along the old Byzantine main road, and stop to admire the Western Wall, nicknamed the ‘wailing wall’ after the worshipers who use it as an open-air synagogue. Soak up the atmosphere and continue through the Jewish quarter to the Christian quarter for a walk along the Via Dolorosa. The road was once an important pilgrimage route for Christian visitors, believed to mark the way to the site of Jesus’ crucifixion at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Enjoy a break for lunch (own expense), and then wander away from the Christian quarter to check out the Muslim bazaar, a bustling place where Hebron glass and Armenian pottery knickknacks are sold alongside spices and coffee. Browse the stalls with your guide, and then leave Jerusalem for your journey through the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea – roughly an hour away.
Stop at the northern coast, and head inside one of the Dead Sea resorts to swim and float in the mineral-rich waters at leisure. Marking the lowest point on the face of the Earth, the impressive stretch of water is fed by a collection of incoming rivers that gush in to its land-locked shores. As the waters have nowhere to flow on to, they evaporate and leave behind a rich concentration of natural salt that attributes to the Dead Sea’s famous buoyancy.
After floating on the water and enjoying the therapeutic mud, meet your guide and return to Ashdod Port where your day trip finishes.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Ashod Port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private tour of Jerusalem and the Dead Sea
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by private air-conditioned car or minibus
- Viator’s worry-free guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Swimwear is required for the Dead Sea
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.