Small-Group Ephesus and the House of Virgin Mary Day Trip from Istanbul
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Airport transfer
- Lunch included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
During your 1-hour journey, stop at St John’s Basilica, an ornate church at the top of Ayasuluk Hill. See its tomb of St John, who is believed to have written his gospel on the hill.
Continue to Ephesus, the eastern Mediterranean’s best-preserved classical city. An important hub of early Christianity and thriving Greco-Roman port, this spectacular place boasts streets, shops and temples that make it easy to imagine those who lived here 2,000 years ago.
Hear the history of the city as you explore with your guide. View the remains of the nearby, immense Temple of Artemis, once an Ancient Wonder of the World, and wander the streets that formed Ephesus’s heart. Marvel at the 25,000-seater Great Theatre, ogle the façade of the Library of Celsus, and see well-preserved shops and temples. On route, see captivating details such as the chariot wheel grooves and brothel signposts carved in the sidewalks.
Leave Ephesus and after lunch at a local restaurant, visit the nearby House of Virgin Mary, said to be the last home of the Virgin Mary. See inside the tiny house, whose foundations may date from Mary’s time in the 1st century AD, as your guide explains why it’s believed to sit where her last residence stood.
Then, return to your coach and Izmir airport. Fly back to Istanbul and enjoy a hotel drop-off at around 8:30pm.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
For bookings up to 30 days before travel
USD $345.00Pricing details
For bookings between 30 days and 2 days before travel
USD $460.00Pricing details
Ephesus and the House of Virgin Mary Day Trip from Istanbul
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip flights from Istanbul to Izmir
- Entrance fees to Ephesus and the House of Virgin Mary
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Neels E, July 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the private tour to Ephesus July 8, 2016 and want to commend Gokce Tascilar and the drivers for their excellent services and hospitality. Will be remembered for a long, long time - for sure!.
Reviewed by: Nigel H, June 2016
Excellent guide - Mr Top. Not at all crowded. Wonderful weather. Flight connections and airport and hotel pick ups perfect.