Numbers are limited to 14 on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll see all the sights with personalized attention from a guide.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Take a stroll around the sophisticated little town with your guide, admiring the elegant Belle Epoque villas and historical Gründerzeit houses that line Wiesbaden’s leafy promenades. Stop outside Kurhaus – the Art Deco spa building that houses Wiesbaden Casino – and hear tales about the famous folk who have paid visits to the city’s glamorous gambling den.
Another popular Wiesbaden attraction is Neroberg Mountain, an 800-foot (244-meter) hill lined with lush forests and parkland. Ride up the hill on the Neroberg Mountain Train – Germany’s oldest water-powered railway – while soaking up spectacular views of Wiesbaden. Stop for lunch (own expense), and then pay a visit to the Russian Orthodox St Elizabeth Church with your guide. Hear of the Duke Adolf of Nassau who commissioned the church to be built as a memorial to his wife, and admire the extravagant décor inside.
Travel down the hill on the Neroberg Mountain Train, and then board your coach for your short journey to Mainz – an old city just south of the Rhine River. Stretch your legs on a walking tour, taking in the ornate Baroque churches, half-timbered houses and pretty cobblestone alleyways that typify Mainz city center. Pass Gutenberg Museum – home to a staggering collection of printing artifacts – and then visit St Stephen’s Church to see its stained-glass windows, designed by Marc Chagall.
Stroll to St Martin’s Cathedral for a look inside, admiring its Romanesque architecture and collection of religious works of art. After exploring, return to your coach for your journey to Frankfurt, finishing your tour at the start point.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
St Martin's Cathedral in Mainz
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Round-trip Neroberg Mountain Train ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to St Elizabeth Church (approx. 1 euro)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Mario S, Malta, July 2014
A very interesting private tour to two historic and picturesque towns not too far from Frankfurt. As my wife and I were the only tour partecipants, we were taken around in a limo, and had the driver/guide all to ourselves. He took us to visit the important sites, and we were also given free time to further explore any place that caught our fancy.
Reviewed by: Germany, August 2013
The guide was very uninformed about most of the monuments in Wiesbaden. Did not take us to Mainz. Almost crashed the car in a red light. He also made me pay for his drink in the Cofe shop he took us there. Save your money.