- Day trip (destination A to B)
- All entrance fees included
Your first visit is the Basilica of San Domenico, a treasure chest of Renaissance dedicated to St. Catherine of Siena. Head inside the Basilica with your guide and admire its highlights. After marveling at the artwork, continue with your guide on a walking tour of the old town until you reach the Cathedral (exterior visit) and then stroll to one of the city's contrada museums.
The museum is dedicated to information about Siena’s famous contrades, and as you browse the exhibits, your guide will talk to you about their origins. Loosely translated as districts, the contrades have individual legacies of traditions and each one boasts their own flag and anthems. Learn of the contrades’ role during Siena’s legendary Palio horse race, and browse the historical documents on display.
After a break in Piazza del Campo for lunch (own expense), you will reach San Gimignano, a small and world famous walled town located on a hilltop, which remained intact through the centuries, renowned for its tall towers, wonderful frescoes and many other valuable works of art: here we will be led until the heart of the historical center, where to have free time at disposal for its fascinating discovery.
In the evening, crossing the gently Chianti rolling hills, you will arrive to a small and typical Winery where, after a short walk in the ancient vineyards, we will visit the suggestive barrique room and taste 4 fantastic wines, sampling also locally produced zero food miles. Finally, we will stop in the picturesque village of Greve in Chianti, to admire its famous main square flanked by arcades and browse through the local artisan shops, to end a memorable experience in the heart of Tuscany.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Siena and San Gimignano Day Trip from Florence
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Live commentary on board
- Tour escort
- Professional guide in Siena
- Guided visit in Contrada's Museum and Oratorio
- Stop at a typical Winery with tasting of four excellent Chianti wines
- Visit of a picturesque Chianti medieval village, famous for its colors and charm
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee to Siena Duomo
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: arn-087, December 2016
Nice day spent. our tour guide Matteo was amazing.
Reviewed by: Abowes441, November 2016
Great tour guide, wonderful sites, highly recommend