- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Admire views of the Adriatic Sea as you drive along the Croatia coast. After you cross the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina, have a break in Neum, the only coastal town in the country. As you wander around this beautiful city at your leisure, shop for some souvenirs or grab a coffee at a local café.
Continue along the picturesque Neretva River delta to the town of Pocitelj. Take a stroll of the town center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and look at historical landmarks such as the Haji-Ali Mosque and Sahat-kula, a silo-shaped fort on top of the hill above the town.
Next, take in views of the Bosnian countryside as you head to Medjugorje, an important place of pilgrimage in the Catholic world since 1981, when visions of Our Lady of Peace (another name for the Virgin Mary) were reported. Walk around with your guide, who will explain the history of this spiritual location, and then enjoy free time to explore more on your own and attend a mass, if you wish.
Continue to Mostar, a cultural and religious meeting point. Admire Mostar's Old Bridge, a single arch stone bridge, and visit the Mosque of Mostar and the Turkish House. After some free time to have lunch at a local restaurant (own expense). Then, relax and take in views of the Bosnian countryside as you head back to Dubrovnik.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Small-Group Bosnia and Herzegovina Day Trip from Dubrovnik including Medjugorje and Mostar
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants. Please enter this information in the Special Requirements box
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The optional mass in Medjugorje depends on the church timetable
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: CHARISSE G, December 2016
What a day full of beautiful sights and humbling history! Our tour guide was fantastic. Highly recommended! I did this in June 2015 so I'm sorry I forgot his name as it is now Nov 2016. In any case, he showed us so much and even stopped at a place I requested that he was not familiar with it had a waterfall. Medjugorje is not much, but you are only there briefly. It would be particularly special for people with religious leanings. Mostar was great and it was interesting to see the Turkish influences. Make sure to go up to the tower. Everything else was just wonderful views. Thank you so much!
Reviewed by: KAMILA P, November 2016
I loved Mostar- I wish the tour could be designed to stay at least an hour longer than just 3 hours. I bit dissapointed of Medjugorje - we just stopped at the commercial church area - too far from the revelation place. In general Im happy that I decided to go with Viator and discover Bosnia and other parts of Croatia. highly recommend it !