Your route takes you over the Christchurch city center, with its vacant city blocks and building sites dotted with working cranes. See how hundreds of ruined buildings are being pulled down and rebuilt, changing the Christchurch skyline, and listen to your pilot’s explanatory commentary.
Fly over the poignant ruins of Christchurch Cathedral, and see the vision for the future at sites such as the new sports stadium.
See incredible holes left by landslides as you fly toward the coast, soaring over the port of Lyttelton and spectacular scenery of the Banks Peninsula.
Your route back to Christchurch takes you over the affluent suburbs of Sumner and Redcliffs, revealing the earthquake destruction experienced by locals living on the outskirts of Christchurch.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Christchurch Helicopter Tour
- Live commentary from pilot
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Please bring a camera for photo opportunites
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Mary K, June 2015
One of the best scenic flights I have ever been on. Great views and a good pilot with an interesting commentary.
Reviewed by: Matt T, July 2014
It was great and the instructor was awesome :)