- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Leshan Grand Buddha
- Entrance fee to Grand Buddha
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Boat excursion
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A great amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and water are recommended
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: ANTOINE G, France, January 2017
Amazing journey. The Leshan Giant Buddha is absolutely stunning. One of the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Our guide, Audrey, was extremely charming and professional, giving us great information about this gigantic piece of art.
Reviewed by: John I, December 2016
Some other reviews suggest that the boat is the best way to see the Buddha but I have to say that nothing can compare with the close-up experience of climbing down and then up the steps alongside the statue. It is good to get there as early as possible and also to avoid peak season. We were able to proceed straight to the steps.
Local lunch was enjoyable and chopsticks are not so difficult to use!
For me the two-hour journey from the city was also most interesting as it gave an overview of the villages, countryside and agriculture, all such a contrast to the city itself. It was just as much part of the experience and not simply a means to get there.
The guide, as with all Viator guides that I have met, was most informative.