On this sightseeing tour of Bangkok's canals (or khlongs, as they are known locally) you will travel by a motorized boat on the Chao Phraya River to see the serene family homes and temples dotted along the waterways which inspired Bangkok's reference as the "Venice of the East". The canals around Bangkok serve as a natural highway for many local Thai people going about their everyday business, such as transporting their merchandise, in particular rice, to and from the rice fields.
- Instant Confirmation
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
You'll be picked up from your centrally located Bangkok hotel and cruise along the canals of Bangkok. Your cruising tour will stop at the Temple of Dawn, or Wat Arun, which is one of the Bangkok's most iconic landmarks and the most famous of the more than 400 Buddhist temples and monasteries in the city.
It is then onto the Grand Palace complex. This Grand Palace complex includes the Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew) which is unquestionably one of the wonders of the world today. Within its enormous grounds is the most exotic Buddhist temple and at the heart of the temple itself is a fabulous Buddha image, carved from one piece of Jade, which is the holiest and most revered of religious objects in Thailand today.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Depending on the number of people on this coach tour, you may be transferred from your hotel to a central departure point to begin this tour.
Hotel pickup is NOT available from the following hotels:
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Bangkok Canals Cruise including Grand Palace and Wat Arun
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- River cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Dress Code: There are strict dress codes for visiting the Grand Palace. The Temple of the Emerald Buddha is Thailand's most sacred site. Visitors must be properly dressed before being allowed entry to the temple. Men must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves - no sleeveless tops. If you're wearing sandals or flip-flops you must wear socks (in other words, no bare feet.) Women must be similarly modestly dressed. No see-through clothes, bare shoulders, etc. If you show up at the front gate improperly dressed, there is a booth near the entry that can provide clothes to cover you up properly. You must leave your passport or credit card as security.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Ken P, June 2016
This tour was fantastic the canal trip was great our guide was very knowledgeable, about
bangkok and the palace. A must if it is your first time in Bangkok
Reviewed by: Charles D, June 2016
Have taken the tours with Viator while in Italy and this one was as expected, great guide and pickup and dropoff was easy. It was nice to have a personal guide going through the Grand Palace. He stood in line to purchase both tickets to each venue and was very informative. The canal cruise was a nice added touch to arriving at each of the venues. I would definitely recommend this tour. For the Grand Palace, check to make sure that there is no holiday the day after your tour, because they close the palace where the Emerald Buddha is located and we missed seeing it,