Private Tour: Abu Simbel by Minibus from Aswan
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
As one of the few ancient Egyptian sites which largely escaped damage by past invaders, the interiors of Abu Simbel's temples are astounding. The scale of the buildings and their detailed decoration leaves most visitors in awe. The temples' attraction is further enhanced by their scenic location on the edge of Lake Nasser in the orange sands of the desert.
After visiting the temples there may be time for a short visit to the small visitor's center which documents the UNESCO relocation project, before returning to the minibus for the drive back to Aswan. The drive is approximately three hours each way.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Early morning tour to Abu Simbel with Egyptologist guide. Includes roundtrip minibus transportation from Aswan, entrance fees, pickup/drop off from Aswan hotels
USD $103.00Pricing details
Mid morning tour to Abu Simbel with Egyptologist guide. Includes roundtrip minibus transportation from Aswan, entrance fees, pickup/drop off from Aswan hotels
USD $103.00Pricing details
Abu Simbel, Egypt
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel/port pickup and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Mats U, November 2015
We were met up at the train station at Aswan and immediately felt well taken care of. We then travelled in a mini bus in a convoy to Abu Simbel, which took three hours one way. The guide spoke excellent English and was very knowledgeable and gave us the historical background on the Aswan Dam and Abu Simbel. The ride thorough the Sahara desert was an experience in it self. The Abu Simbel temple was magnificent! We had a tight schedule and needed to catch our train to go back to Cairo and the guide and the driver made every effort to make sure we made it on time. The tour was all in all very well organised and we highly recommend it!
Reviewed by: Sarrah J, August 2015