- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Your first highlight of the day is Tokyo Tower, which provides panoramic views of Japan’s capital from the main observatory. Climb to the 476-foot-high (145-meter) viewing platform in Japan's second tallest structure, and be sure to stand over the glass-floor ‘lookout window.’
Next, you’ll appreciate nature from every angle as you take part in a traditional tea ceremony. While you sip tea, admire bonsai trees in the Japanese garden, which has carefully preserved the lovely Edo-style ambience throughout the centuries.
After a Japanese-style lunch, your guide drives you past the Japanese Capitol (House of Parliament). Make a brief photo stop at the plaza in front of the Imperial Palace, and cross the symbolic, double-arched Niju-bashi Bridge, which originally led to Edo Castle (aka Chiyoda Castle) before fires destroyed much of its wooden structures. Hear how the emperor of Japan claimed the site as his official residence in 1863.
When you reach Hinode Pier on Tokyo Bay, embark on a boat ride to Asakusa. Your 40-minute river cruise passes beneath a total of 12 bridges on the journey along the historically significant Sumida River.
Upon arrival, follow your guide on a walk along Nakamise shopping street, a narrow, paved promenade crammed with traditional food and souvenir shops leading up to Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji). Take a guided tour of Tokyo’s oldest and most significant Buddhist temple, whose history spans more than 1,300 years.
Finally, enjoy a drive through Ginza, Tokyo's most luxurious shopping district, filled with towering department stores and a vast variety of brand-name shops.
Before drop-off at Tokyo Station, you'll receive a souvenir map of Tokyo to help you explore the exciting city on your own.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu and Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno and Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza and Tokyo Station
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome and ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 8:40am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Concludes at either:
- Tokyo Station, Marunouchi South Entrance (Drop-off only) at 5:10pm
- The Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal at 5:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tokyo Tower, Tokyo
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Traditional tea ceremony
- 40-minute Sumida River cruise
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (from selected hotels)
- Free souvenir map of Tokyo
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Infant meals not included
- Please note, hotel pickup is available from selected hotels in Tokyo and must be requested at least 24hrs in advance. If you cannot find your hotel on the list, please choose the nearest hotel offered (except for New Sanno).
Hotel pickup at New Sanno is only offered for guests of the New Sanno Hotel.
- The Sumida River Cruise may be unavailable without prior notice due to river conditions. Changes in itinerary will be provided by the guide
- During the cherry blossom season between March and April, the Sumida River cruise will be replaced with a tour that views the cherry blossoms in Sumida Park
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Reviewed by: Mohamed T, August 2016
very interesting, we saw and visited beautiful places and the guidewas very nice and friendly
Reviewed by: Craig.vergelius, July 2016
The tour was good overall. Be prepared to walk a lot. We saw a heap of stuff on this tour. The guide spoke very good English and was very informative.