- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Your first highlight of the day is Tokyo Tower, which provides panoramic views of Japan’s capital from the main observatory. Climb to the 476-foot-high (145-meter) viewing platform in Japan's second tallest structure, and be sure to stand over the glass-floor ‘lookout window.’
Next, you’ll appreciate nature from every angle as you take part in a traditional tea ceremony. While you sip tea, admire bonsai trees in the Japanese garden, which has carefully preserved the lovely Edo-style ambience throughout the centuries.
After a Japanese-style lunch, your guide drives you past the Japanese Capitol (House of Parliament). Make a brief photo stop at the plaza in front of the Imperial Palace, and cross the symbolic, double-arched Niju-bashi Bridge, which originally led to Edo Castle (aka Chiyoda Castle) before fires destroyed much of its wooden structures. Hear how the emperor of Japan claimed the site as his official residence in 1863.
When you reach Hinode Pier on Tokyo Bay, embark on a boat ride to Asakusa. Your 40-minute river cruise passes beneath a total of 12 bridges on the journey along the historically significant Sumida River.
Upon arrival, follow your guide on a walk along Nakamise shopping street, a narrow, paved promenade crammed with traditional food and souvenir shops leading up to Asakusa Kannon Temple (also known as Senso-ji). Take a guided tour of Tokyo’s oldest and most significant Buddhist temple, whose history spans more than 1,300 years.
Finally, enjoy a drive through Ginza, Tokyo's most luxurious shopping district, filled with towering department stores and a vast variety of brand-name shops.
Before drop-off at Tokyo Station, you'll receive a souvenir map of Tokyo to help you explore the exciting city on your own.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro, New Sanno, Tokyo Dome Hotel, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu and Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno and Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza and Tokyo Station
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome and ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 8:40am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Concludes at either:
- Tokyo Station, Marunouchi South Entrance (Drop-off only) at 5:10pm
- The Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal at 5:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tokyo Tower, Tokyo
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Traditional tea ceremony
- 40-minute Sumida River cruise
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (from selected hotels)
- Free souvenir map of Tokyo
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Infant meals not included
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time and location may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- If your hotel is not listed, please select Hamamatsucho Bus Station at checkout and wait for your bus there by the scheduled time on your day of travel
- The Sumida River Cruise may be unavailable without prior notice due to river conditions. Changes in itinerary will be provided by the guide
- During the cherry blossom season between March and April, the Sumida River cruise will be replaced with a tour that views the cherry blossoms in Sumida Park
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Reviewed by: Margaretha K, October 2016
Fantastic tour. However the weather was very very bad. In the morning it was only raining, but nevertheless we had a great time. In the afternoon the weather was better. We never had such a nice japanese lunch.After lunch the river cruise and visit to the temple.
After all we had a nice day and saw a lot of things
Reviewed by: Peter D, October 2016
A must do especially for people who are spending limited time in Tokyo as you get to see a lot ! Need to be reasonably mobile as there is a lot of walking involved. Our tour guide Kaiko was fantastic and made the day all the more enjoyable.