- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Arrive in Hobbiton, where your movie set tour begins. Explore the magical world of ‘the Shire’ as your guide entertains you with stories about the making of The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. See the hobbit holes, the mill and the double-arch bridge, the party tree and the Green Dragon Inn. Pose for pictures at the door of Bilbo Baggins’ house and see stunning views overlooking the largest ‘outdoor set’ in the world! Cross the double-arch bridge and enjoy a complimentary cider, ale or ginger beer inside the Green Dragon Inn.
After your tour of Hobbiton, enjoy lunch (included) at The Shire’s Rest Café before traveling back to Auckland.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Small-Group Tour: The Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour from Auckland
- Small-group tour
- Local guide
- Drink inside the Green Dragon Inn
- NZ$10 Shopping voucher to be used in the Hobbiton Gift Shop
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Morning tea and additional food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Linda C, August 2016
Highly recommend doing a small group tour. Tour guide was excellent!
Reviewed by: Haley W, August 2016
Wonderful tour! Our guide was very nice and knowledgeable. The site is amazing and well worth the trip. Definitely highly recommended!