Travel to Hoover Dam from Las Vegas in style and comfort aboard a luxury SUV. Your experienced guide will share many points of interest along the way so you can truly appreciate the extra care and comfort of the luxury vehicle.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
The Hoover Dam by Luxury SUV and Colorado River Float offers ample time for exploring this National Historic Landmark and engineering wonder of the world. See live presentations, a fascinating film on the Dam's construction and history, exhibit gallery, observation deck, and venture down to the observation room in the power plant to view the massive generators.
You'll also encounter dramatic views of both the Colorado River and Lake Mead, the largest man-made body of water in the Western Hemisphere. From the Lake Mead Overlook, you're transported to the Colorado River by van on the Lower Portal Road, where construction crews traveled each day. You'll see the original gauging station used to measure water level and flow, and dynamite storage bunkers used during construction.
Then, a guided Colorado River float tour by raft offers you close-up views few people have ever seen of Hoover Dam, mighty power plants, and Black Canyon. You'll also learn historical facts and get an astounding view of the Hoover Dam Bypass project and construction of the nearly 2,000-foot-long bridge spanning over 900 feet above the river. This tour offers absolutely the best photo opportunity of the Hoover Dam and Colorado River!
Please note: due to low water levels at the Hoover Dam, this tour will not be available from October 30, 2012 to November 1, 2012.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hoover Dam Top to Bottom by Luxury SUV with Colorado River Float
- Round-trip luxury Tour Trekker transportation
- Hoover Dam tour
- Colorado River float
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels may be accommodated if the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them with boarding and disembarking providing there’s space on the vehicle
- This tour is not recommended for anyone who suffers from claustrophobia, or has a pacemaker or defibrillator. Tours are conducted in confined spaces and in a powerplant with generators emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for children aged 18 months and under
- Multi-lingual guides are subject to availability
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: HOWARD T P, July 2016
We had a great time. Our trip leaders were nice and very knowledgeable. Anthony, our van driver, knew about everything there was to know about the Las Vegas valley and made our trip enjoyable.
Reviewed by: Bob H, July 2016
I never knew much about Hoover Dam and how it was built. WOW. Great information and great views of the dam. From the river raft to the inside electric turbines, it's an awesome tour with an awesome guide!!