- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
From Seaside Top, your guide points out sights such as Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Skytree and Tokyo Bay. On a clear day, you might even spot Mount Fuji on the horizon. After about 20 minutes, return to your coach and head to the Imperial Palace, where you make a brief photo stop at the outer garden of the palace.
Next, drive through the bustling Ginza district, known for its luxury shopping with huge department stores and brand name shops.
Your coach then takes you to Asakusa Kannon Temple, Tokyo’s oldest and most significant Buddhist temple. Built in the year 645 AD, the temple combines magnificent architecture, elaborate Japanese gardens, beautiful shrines and grand gates. Follow your guide through the temple and learn more about its history. Then walk out of the Hozomon Gate to the shopping streets of Nakamise where you take in lanes packed with vendors who sell traditional crafts and Japanese snacks.
After browsing in Nakamise, head to the river to board your boat for a relaxing 40-minute Sumida River cruise. You'll glide through Tokyo and go underneath 12 bridges, providing a different perspective on the city. Listen to recorded commentary about the sights you pass as you cruise along this historically significant waterway.
When your boat arrives at Hinode Pier, reboard your coach for drop- off at Tokyo Station where your tour ends. You’ll receive a complimentary souvenir map of Tokyo so that you can explore the city further on your own.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- 12:20pm from Hyatt Regency
- 12:30pm from Keio Plaza Hotel
- 12:50pm from New Otani Tokyo
- 1:05pm from ANA InterContinental Tokyo and Tokyo Station
- 1:40pm from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Concludes at the Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal at approximately 5:20pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Enjoy the Sumida River Cruise to Asakusa,
- Professional guide
- Sumida River Cruise
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only)
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time and location may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- If your hotel is not listed, please select Hamamatsucho Bus Station at checkout and wait for your bus there by the scheduled time on your day of travel
- The visit order of Sumida River Cruise and Imperial Palace Plaza may be changed in November and December
Reviewed by: Stacey P, October 2016
We just had an afternoon before a business meeting the next day and it allowed us to see more of Tokyo in a few hours. Time well spent. Our tour guide was also very nice.
Reviewed by: Bryan, October 2016
Great if you don't have a free morning and just want to enjoy a little souvenir shopping at Asakusa and a relaxed cruise along the river. Not so much walking too. Tour guide was also very friendly and accommodating.