Rome City Bike Tour
On your 4-hour tour, discover Rome's secret passages through ancient walls and ruins, stopping every now and then for amazing photo opportunities or to enjoy a cappuccino or gelato (not included in the price).
All tours include a self-guided visit to the Pantheon. A full list of sights visited can be seen in the Itinerary.
Participating in a guided bike tour means exploring Rome with an expert guide capable of guiding you in a stress-free way around Rome, where every open square is a discovery, every alley is a surprise and there is an unexpected encounter around every corner.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Winter Tours: 4 hrs
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3.5-hour Rome City Bike Tour departing at 8:45am. Includes a gelato.
4-hour Rome City Bike Tour departing at 9:15am
4-hour Rome City Bike Tour departing at 9:30am
4-hour Rome City Bike Tour departing at 3:00 pm.
3.5-hour Rome City Bike Tour departing at 5:00pm. Includes a gelato.
Rome City Bike tour
- 27-gear trekking bike
- Local guide
- A rain coat (if necessary)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infants aged 1 - 4 years of age travel free of charge. Baby seats are provided up to 45 lbs (20 kg)
- There is no age minimum or maximum - this tour is suitable for everyone as long as you can ride a bike!
- We require all customers to wear a helmet (provided for free)
- You will cover an area of approximately 16km. The ride is leisurely, but includes a few hills, so is aimed at participants that are able to bike with a basic level of fitness
- Are the tours safe? The answer is: Absolutely! The tours follow carefully planned routes which have limited access to traffic, and some have no traffic at all, meaning you are able to enjoy your ride around the city in total relaxation and safety and you won't have to worry about traffic
- Imperial Forums
- Venezia Square
- Trevi Fountain
- Spanish Steps
- Navona Square
- Campo de' Fiori and Farnese Square
- Santa Maria in Trastevere
- Portico di Ottavia
- Theater of Marcellus
- Capitoline Hill with a panoramic view of the Roman Forum
- In June, July and August the tour will last 3.5 hours because of the heat in Rome. An Italian Gelato (ice cream) will be included.
- In June, July and August the morning City Center tour will not include Trastevere and Santa Maria in Trastevere.
- The afternoon tour avoids places that are too crowded at night, such as Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. As an alternative you will see other highlights such as Circus Maximus,-Aventine Hill and the Garden of the Oranges and Castel Sant'Angelo*.
- In June, July and August *Castel Sant'Angelo will not be included.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: ocgalicki, July 2016
Great tour! I highly recommend the bike tour. It was a great way to see the sights and meet new people as well.
Reviewed by: Honeybee, July 2016
My family and I really enjoyed this bicycle tour throughout the historical section of Rome. Our guide was caring, knowledgable, and surprising. Eight miles of exercise, learning, and bliss!