- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
On arrival, show your pre-booked ticket or pay your entrance fee (depending on the option selected), and head inside to view the State Apartments, St George’s Chapel and other highlights, all brought to life by audio guide commentary. The display of British pageantry that is the Changing of the Guard takes place in the Castle precincts on an almost daily basis, so you may catch this colorful morning ceremony if your tour takes place on one of the days it occurs and if you have purchased an entrance ticket to the Castle.
Alternatively, use your time to explore the town of Windsor and stroll around its quaint streets. You may also see the New or Old Guard of soldiers marching to the Castle if your tour coincides with a Changing of the Guard ceremony. Usually accompanied by a military band, the Guards march through central Windsor in their bright red tunics and bearskin helmets, making an impressive sight.
After around two hours in Windsor, head for Stonehenge. This UNESCO-listed stone circle rears dramatically from Salisbury Plain and is cloaked in mystery. Perhaps purchase an entrance ticket from your guide and take an audio-guided tour that delves into the stones’ spiritual importance and their associations with figures such as King Arthur and Merlin. Or view Stonehenge independently from outside and ponder its mysteries yourself as you take photos of this incredible prehistoric monument.
Later, continue to Oxford. Home to Britain’s oldest university, the colleges of this honey-stoned town inspired scholars such as Lewis Carroll and J R R Tolkien. Take an included walking tour to admire Christchurch College, the Bodleian Library and Sheldonian Theatre as you listen to your guide’s crystal-clear commentary on your Vox headphones.
Afterward, return to London where your tour ends with a drop-off at Victoria coach station.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour in English
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Oxford Custom Day Trip departing at 8:45am with English-speaking guide. Entrance fees not included
USD $74.67Pricing details
English Tour Including Entry
Windsor Castle, Stonehenge and Oxford Day Trip departing at 8:45am with English-speaking guide. Entrance to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge Included
USD $116.01Pricing details
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Local guide
- Walking tour of Oxford, including headphones
- Entrance to Windsor Castle and Stonehenge, if option selected
- Hotel drop-off
- Entrance ticket to Windsor Castle interior, if option selected
- Entrance ticket to Stonehenge, if option selected
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Windsor Castle viewing is restricted on Sundays and St Georges Chapel is closed.Windsor Castle is closed on March 24, 25, 27 and June 12,13, 2016. On these dates the tour will visit Hampton Court Palace
- Please note: that the Changing of the Guard only takes place on selected dates
- Please note: the State Apartments are closed on the following dates; July 12, October 7 and December 2 2016. On these dates the tour will visit Queen Mary's Doll House and St Georges Chapel instead of Windsor.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: tammy r, August 2016
Awesome tour. highly recommend this, tour company were awesome. As due to being wheelchair we got stuck upstairs in state room of windsor castle and thus missed our bus. The other drivers were doing there best to find us a way to continue or get us back to london. in end, got nearly same tour. the tour company was so great to allow us to get on a different tour and so helpful.
Reviewed by: Angela C, August 2016
An extremely busy day, but so great, especially if you want to cram as much as you can into the time that you have very useful for first time UK visitors such as ourselves. Just enough time was aloted to each place, with useful information through the day to make such a busy tour as relaxed as possible. Phil, our guide, was a wealth of very valuable information.