Take a scenic helicopter tour from Cairns over the stunning Great Barrier Reef, one of the seven natural wonders of the world. You'll have unforgettable views of the Great Barrier Reef's coral and marine life, plus the gorgeous tropical coastline and islands of Far North Queensland. While enjoying the incredible views of the reef, you'll take some of the most spectacular photos imaginable.
- Instant Confirmation
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Qualified and professional pilot
You'll take off from Cairns Airport on your 25-minute scenic helicopter flight over the Great Barrier Reef. Viewing the coral and marine life of the Great Barrier Reef from the air is an amazing experience. You'll enjoy bird's-eye views of exquisite coral clusters, schools of fish, manta rays, reef sharks and turtles. The flight also takes you over famous sites such as Green Island and Upolo Cay, so be sure to bring your camera on this once-in-a-lifetime flight!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
General Aviation at Cairns Airport
Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
Flight concludes at original point of departure
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Barrier Reef 30-Minute Scenic Helicopter Tour from Cairns
- Scenic Helicopter Flight (25-minutes)
- Informative commentary during the flight
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
- Return transfers from Port Douglas hotels are at an additional cost of AU$55 per per person, payable to the coach driver on the day of travel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat. Passengers are allowed a weight variance of up to 10% over original recorded weight. Should this variance be found to be more than 10%, your local operator reserves the right to charge an additional fee.
- There is a maximum of 6 passengers permitted per helicopter
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Infants 2 years and under travel free of charge when seated in the lap of a guardian
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: MR. J.T.ENGLISH E, January 2016
A first class outstanding tour with a company who deserve to be commended not only for the high quality of the service they provide but for also going out of their way, at their own expense, to make the experience unforgettable for their clients. I cannot praise them enough.
The helicopter ride was breath- taking with spectacular views and the highlight of our Great Barrier Reef cruise.
We were picked up from our cruise ship by taxi, the whole trip was clearly explained and throughout the ride we were able to request closer views, ask questions etc. Wonderful!
Whilst waiting to board we asked the receptionist if she could possibly book a taxi to pick us up after the ride as we wanted to go to Kuranda Village. She suggested that it would be far better to go by cable car than road. We explained that that was what we had dearly wanted to do but were unable to due to time restrictions.
When we went back to the hanger after our helicopter ride one of the staff was given the keys to a car and told to take us straight to Freshwater stationdeparture point for cable car where we had been booked onto the 11.00 am cable car, which meant we had sufficient time to do the 'round trip'
The receptionist had gone to the trouble of sorting it all out for us. The company also refused to charge us for the 15 minute taxi ride to the cable car station . Talk about going the extra mile.
Thank you so much. It was truly appreciated
Reviewed by: Gayle K, Australia, July 2010