- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Rail Tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Japan's first permanent capital was established in the year 710 at Heijo, the city now known as Nara. As the influence and political ambitions of the city's powerful Buddhist monasteries grew to become a serious threat to the government, the capital was moved to Nagaoka in 784.
Visit the 8th-century Todaiji Temple, one of Japan's most famous and historically significant temples. In its huge precincts you’ll find various national treasures of Japan. The Daibutsuden (Great Buddha Hall) is one of the world's largest wooden buildings, which enshrines a gigantic bronze statue of Buddha — a wonder of religious architecture! Exploring the grounds during any season will showcases the most impressive displays of nature, from vivid fall colors to Japanese cherry blossoms in full bloom.
See more than 1,000 tame deer roaming freely in the verdant Deer Park, which comprises 1,250 acres (505 hectares). If you wish to feed the deer, they will gladly eat from your hand. (Special deer food is available for sale in the park grounds.)
Your last stop is Kasuga Shrine, the most famous and beautiful Shinto shrine in Nara. Part of the historic monuments of ancient Nara, it features some 3,000 antique stone and bronze lanterns. Walk along the outdoor pathway as you listen to commentary from your guide about the shrine’s influence on Japanese culture.
Afterward, travel by return rail directly to Osaka Station, where you’ll make your own way back to your hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Osaka hotels
12:20pm - Hilton Osaka Hotel
12:00pm - Swissôtel Nankai Osaka Osaka
Tour concludes upon arrival at Kintestu Namba Station (in Osaka) between 6:30pm and 7:30pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Nara Afternoon Tour of Todaiji Temple, Deer Park and Kasuga Shrine from Osaka
- Hotel pick-up (from selected Osaka hotels only)
- JR rail one-way from Osaka to Kyoto
- JR rail one-way from Nara to Osaka
- Admission fees
- English-speaking guide
- Treasures Hall entrance fee
- Manyo Botanical Gardens at Kasuga Shrine entrance fee
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair Access: This tour is wheelchair accessible, however passengers who require assistance must provide their own carer.
- Please note that the train journey from Osaka to Kyoto and vice versa are non-reserved local trains. Some parts of pathway on this tour are gravel.
- At Kasuga Shrine, the tour does not include entrance to areas requiring admission.
- The tour may not visit Nara Nagomikan if it is closed or due to traffic conditions.
- Please note, hotel pickup is available from selected hotels in Osaka. If you cannot find your hotel on the list, please choose the nearest hotel offered
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Mattheos K, July 2016
Very pleasant tour.
Reviewed by: gwapocat, Philippines, October 2015
Breathtaking Nara! It was great. Make sure you don't book on a holiday, to avoid the crowds and heavy traffic.