Discover the friendly and fascinating city of Buenos Aires on foot. This 2 mile (3.2km) morning walking tour of Buenos Aires is a pleasant way to experience the unique culture of Argentina, its history, customs, buildings and monuments. An educational and fun way to explore Argentina's capital city!
In this 2.5 hour walking tour, you'll discover just what makes Buenos Aires the famous, flamboyant "Paris of the South". This is a fun, entertaining walk rich in history, culture and architecture, where you'll find out everything that makes Buenos Aires so special: the influence of the Spanish, the Italian, the French and (unexpectedly) the British, who had enormous presence here. Along this walk you'll also learn about unique customs and peculiar value which puzzle most visitors.
The walking tour covers over 25 "must see" attractions including:
- Florida St. and Early History of BA
- Paz Palace - French splendour: 120 rooms for a family of four
- San Martin's Monument - How Argentina was born
- Kavanagh Building - and many more: architecture of BA
- Holy Sacrament: a Private Cathedral worth a Vatican title
- British Clock Tower - Falklands War Memorial
- Destroyed Embassy of Israel - Beautiful Bencich Building
- Barrio Norte - the Paris of the South
- Mihanovich and Strugamou Buildings
- Arroyo Street shortcut and its Art Galeries
- Alvear Street and its Palatial Mansions
- Nuestra Senora del Pilar Church
- Recoleta Neighborhood and La Biela Cafe
- ...and lots of local stories, curious facts & peculiarities!
Listen as your knowledgeable guide informs you about the local history, architecture, traditions, habits and unique features you might never have discovered otherwise. This is a fun, easy going tour where you will be taken "off the beaten track". Your Best of Buenos Aires walking tour ends in the Recoleta neighborhood, where the 'Recoleta Afternoon Walk' begins.
Note: full itinerary will be covered depending on timing and circumstances at time of tour
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Florida Garden Cafe
Concludes at one of the main restaurant districts (Recoleta, La Boca, San Telmo, etc.)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Best of Buenos Aires Walking Tour
- Walking tour
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children aged 8 years and under are free of charge when accompanied by an adult.
- Note: tour operates rain or shine
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Sandra I, May 2016
This was a good thing to do if you are looking to fill up a short period of time.
Great photo opportunities. Learned a lot about the history of some of Argentinas history and the
Reviewed by: Pendleton A, May 2015
Great tour, good way to see the city on foot and learn something. Reasonably priced too.