- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Exclusive to Viator
Explore Chinatown and North Beach on your way to Pier 33 and enjoy a light breakfast on board. When you arrive, you’ll be escorted onto one of the first ferries to Alcatraz. The early-bird ferry to Alcatraz is not sold anywhere else, so you get priority entrance to this world-renowned historic attraction!
Leaving the hassle of big crowds behind, explore the prison grounds independently while enjoying the award-winning audio tour, which leads you on an immersive journey into the prison’s intriguing past. Featuring life-like sound effects and real interviews from former inmates and cell guards, this tour lets you discover what life was like here for history’s most notorious criminals, such as Machine Gun Kelly and Al Capone.
After your tour, hop back on the cable car bus with your guide and nosh on a boxed lunch from Alcatraz Cafe. Enjoy unobstructed views of iconic neighborhoods, Victorian houses and stunning San Francisco Bay as you cruise up and down the city’s many hills. Because your wheeled cable car is unrestricted by wires and tracks, you'll get to cross the Golden Gate Bridge! Feel the wind in your hair as you travel along this world-renowned landmark, stopping for 15 minutes to capture great photos of this iconic landmark at Vista Point.
Then, enjoy a scenic ride back to Union Square, arriving around 2:30pm.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Round trip ferry from San Francisco to Alcatraz island + audio tour included in total price. Alcatraz ticket value is $35.50 Adult and $21.50 Child.
- Transport and sightseeing tour by motorized cable car
- Alcatraz audio tour
- Light breakfast snack
- Lunch from Alcatraz Cafe
- Professional guide
- Mixed refreshments
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- All traveler names are required at time of booking. Failure to provide this information will result in cancellation of your tour
- Cable cars are wheeled and not on rails to provide maximum flexibility for city sightseeing
- Dress in layers as temperatures can be quite cold on the water or on the open-air cable car
- If vegetarian lunch is required, please note in Special Requirements box at check-out
- Please note: On days when traffic is exceptionally heavy or visibility is bad due to fog on the Golden Gate Bridge, the cable car will go to the bridge's viewing parking to but not cross it
Reviewed by: Graham D, February 2017
Alcatraz is everything you want it to be and well worth going to. Enjoyed the trip and had a good guide.
Reviewed by: Gordon W, February 2017
The driver and tour director were awesome. He gave us come little know facts of San Francisco and Alcatraz. Getting to Alcatraz early, without the crowds, was amazing. We finished the tour of Alcatraz in plenty of time to enjoy the city tour after lunch. We went on the tour on Sunday morning which was great because there was very little traffic. I would highly recommend this tour.