- See the sights illuminated at night
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
Depart from Beach Street to head up to North Beach, or what locals consider the city’s Little Italy. The streets are flanked by bustling Italian restaurants, with the scent of authentic warm dishes wafting from the doorways. Imagine the Beat poets and artists who once roamed the neighborhood as your guide shares history about the counterculture movement at Washington Square Park by Saints Peter and Paul Church.
Cruise over to nearby Chinatown, one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods. Along the lantern-lit streets, peer into dim sum houses, admire temples and appreciate souvenirs that dangle from windows and spill over display tables. If you visit in mid-winter, expect to see festive decorations in honor of the Chinese New Year.
From Chinatown, head east toward the waterfront to take in the Bay Bridge, which appears to be dressed in tinsel; it’s actually a light sculpture known as Bay Lights. Continue along the Embarcadero past the Ferry Building to Fisherman’s Wharf for a look at the historic piers and harbors. Enjoy nighttime views of Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf before ending your Segway tour at the start point.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
5pm, November - March
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 5pm, November through March. Requires a minimum of 4 passengers. Tour may be cancelled if minimum requirement is not met on the day of the tour.
USD $75.00Pricing details
San Francisco at Night: Segway Tour of North Beach, Chinatown and the Embarcadero
- Professional guide
- Use of Segway, helmet and safety vest
- 40-minute training session
- Jackets and gloves available for foggy days
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Pregnant women will not be permitted to participate
- Riders must weigh between 100 and 250 lbs (45 and 113 kg)
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children ages 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- All participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance
- Tours operate rain, fog or shine
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Philipp W, August 2016
This was a wonderful tour! Very good guide and it was fun to go around in the segway.
Reviewed by: Hanaa L, August 2016
Fun excursion! Pre-ride Segway training was enough to make us comfortable. Our guide Trey was entertaining and well-informed. Great way to see some SF sights and neighborhoods!