- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Following your expert guide, conquer the city’s famous hills starting with Kite Hill, a grassy knoll offering great views of the city. At the nearby Seward Street Slides, grab some cardboard and hop on for a fun ride down the curved cement slides.
Entering a hidden eucalyptus forest, you'll forget you're in an urban city as you hike along the dirt trails behind Sutro Tower, an iconic 3-pronged antenna tower. Take an unmarked hiking trail to the summit of famous Twin Peaks, where you’ll be treated to a breathtaking panorama of San Francisco and the East Bay in the distance.
Your next hilly adventure is Tank Hill, located 650 feet (198 km) in elevation, where you'll get a panoramic view of Golden Gate Park, the Golden Gate Bridge and Downtown San Francisco.
Make you way back via the 211-step Pemberton Place Stairway, flanked by beautiful landscaping brimming with beautiful plants, trees and flowers such as azaleas and Japanese maples.
By the end of your urban jungle hike, you’ll leave with a whole new appreciation for the beauty and diversity of San Francisco. You’ll end your tour back at the Castro Theatre.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 1:30pm
USD $49.00Pricing details
You won't believe you're still in San Francisco!
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies for all travelers
- Due to the distance and intensity of the hike, this tour is not recommended for children 12 years and younger
- Tour runs rain or shine. If it is raining and you would prefer not to attend, you may reschedule or request a refund
- Recommended attire: comfortable shoes or hiking boots, dressing in layers
- Bringing water is recommended
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Carol C, December 2016
This was a great tour taking you into places, up stairs, and onto the tops of hills with spectacular views over the city - places I wouldn't have seen as a visiting tourist. Val was full of information about the area and was an engaging and fun guide to have for three hours! Highly recommended
Reviewed by: jack.morse131, November 2016
Excellent tour. Thoroughly enjoyed the hike. Alex was great and even gave out excellent restaurant recommendations.