- Lunch included
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
You’ll be picked up from your San Francisco hotel in the early morning for a scenic ride to the Sierra Nevada mountains. Enjoy views of the San Francisco skyline, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island as you cross the Bay Bridge into the East Bay and make your way up into the Central Valley, where you’ll stop for a cup of coffee or a quick morning snack (own expense).
Continue through the cattle and horse ranch foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains to the American River. Your driver will serve as a guide, sharing some interesting stories and facts along the way.
Class III whitewater rapids await you! When you arrive, you’ll receive a safety briefing before hopping in your raft for an exhilarating ride. Your guide will help you navigate through the Meatgrinder, Racehorse Bend, Rock Garden and Triple Threat, ending with a mad dash through the famed Troublemaker rapids.
Your journey on the water will last 1.5 to 2.5 hours, depending on the conditions. Back ashore, relax at camp as you are prepared a tasty BBQ lunch. If time permits after lunch, play some beach volleyball or simply lounge by the river.
After your American River adventure, switch gears and get ready for some wine tasting! Head to one of the local wineries and sip a glass of California wine (wine tasting fees not included) while learning about this region’s wine production.
Then, relax on the ride back to San Francisco.
This tour is seasonal and operates from May through September.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
San Francisco Day Trip: American River Rafting Adventure and Wine Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Rafting gear
- Professional guide
- Transport by biodiesel van
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Wine-tasting fees (approx. USD $5)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Children under 8 years old are not permitted
- Travelers must weight at least 80 lbs (36 kg)
- Must be 21 years of age or older with a valid photo ID to participate in wine tastings
- No previous rafting experience is required
- In colder months (April and May), wetsuits and booties are provided
- Items recommended to bring: swimwear, sun protection, waterproof shoes, dry change of clothes
- Shower facilities are available on-site but towels are not provided. Towels and changes of clothing may be left at base camp or in the tour vehicle
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Mauricio F, June 2015
This tour was amazing!
Reviewed by: BARRY B, July 2014
Awesome crew, lovely day , fun on the river