- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Free snacks included
Learn more about the San Francisco Bay Area's tastemakers as you nibble on Cowgirl Creamery's award-winning cheese, Boccalone's house-cured fennel salame and freshly made mortadella, Acme Bread's fresh loaves, and Miette Patisserie's delicate French macarons. Want more? Indulge in a cup of chili from the American Eatery and satisfy your sweet tooth with handmade chocolates from Recchiuti. If you’re visiting during one of the weekly farmers’ markets, don’t be surprised if your guide points out some of the city’s revered chefs shopping for fresh produce to include on their menus.
After you satiate your appetite, you'll receive directions to Pier 33 to pick up your Alcatraz tickets for the next portion of your tour. Take a stroll along the Embarcadero to Pier 33 where you'll hop on the ferry for a scenic ride to Alcatraz. Explore the island at your leisure with the award-winning Cellhouse audio walking tour to discover hidden secrets and fascinating stories of the world’s most notorious prison. Ferries depart the island frequently to provide maximum flexibility for your time on Alcatraz.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
*Meet your guide along the curb of Embarcadero, in front of the Ferry Building at 9:55am
Flexible time on Alcatraz
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Take a delicious tour through San Francisco's Ferry Building
- All food tastings
- Guide for food tour
- Entrance fees
- Audio walking tour of Alcatraz
- Round-trip ferry from San Francisco to Alcatraz Island (US$33 value)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation from Ferry Building to Alcatraz Landing
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- All traveler names are required at time of booking. Failure to provide this information will result in cancellation of your tour
- All travelers over 18 MUST have photo I.D.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements in the "Special Requirements" box at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- All food tastings are subject to change depending on availability
- Children 0-4 years are free provided they will not be eating on the food tour. If they will be participating in sampling, please book the Infant rate. Alcatraz tickets are free for ages 0-4 years
- Alcatraz ferry ticket times fluctuate. Possible times are 12:30pm, 1:05pm or 1:35pm depending on availability. Exact times are available upon reconfirmation of the tour
- Alcatraz is steep and hilly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, so comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- You may depart Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30-40 minutes
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jacqueline V, January 2017
The tour guide started off by recognizing that most of us were only doing this to get the tickets to Alcatraz, but hoped that we would enjoy the food tour too. We sure did! Everything we tried was delicious, so much that my friend and I went back later and bought a few things to enjoy at the hotel for dinner instead of going out.
Reviewed by: Leah, USA, December 2016
This tour was more than we expected. If you like food - then this is the tour for you. We really didn't know what to expect but the little stories of the shops at the Ferry building were interesting and it was great to have someone else arrange for our tickets on the ferry and to go over to Alcatraz. We saw it all and highly recommend this tour - you won't be sorry.