- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Editor's Pick
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
When you arrive in Napa, hop aboard the famous Napa Valley Wine Train! You'll be directed to your seat and welcomed with a taste of wine. Then, simply sit back and soak in impeccable views of Napa’s stunning vineyards as you travel north to the quaint village of St Helena, passing the towns of Yountville, Oakville and Rutherford along the way.
When your eyes aren't pasted to the large viewing windows, you’re encouraged to explore this unique train during your journey – you may even visit the kitchen car to watch the chefs prepare your gourmet meal.
You’ll sit in your choice of the first or second seating section, depending on when you’d like to enjoy your lunch (see Schedule & Pricing for details). Choose from a fresh, seasonal menu, and enjoy a delicious meal prepared to your specifications (see Itinerary below for a sample menu). This highly acclaimed restaurant prides itself in using fresh ingredients and sustainable produce, as well as humanely raised meats and line-caught or farmed fish.
Before or after your meal, head to the lounge car to enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine from the bar (own expense) and lounge on the loveseats. Your Napa Valley Wine Train experience will end in the early evening, when you'll board the shuttle for your return trip to Vallejo. You’ll then hop on the 5:15pm ferry to return to San Francisco.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Napa Wine Train
- Round-trip ferry or bus transport between San Francisco and Vallejo
- Round-trip shuttle transport between Vallejo and Napa Valley Wine Train
- 3-course lunch
- Welcome taste of wine
- Coffee, tea and water
- Server gratuities (recommended)
- Soft drinks, juice and alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Any reserved seats not claimed within 10 minutes prior to departure may be released for resale
- Dress code is smart casual
- Ferry runs Mon-Fri; bus runs Sat & Sun
- Please note: 2015 marks the 100th anniversary of the Pullman rail cars. In honor of their birthday, migration to traditional railroad seating will begin March 9. With this more authentic experience, multiple parties will be seated together, sharing a table
Appetizer (choose one)Baby lettuce salad with candied walnuts and smoked goat cheese in a honey cider vinaigretteSoup du jour
Main Course (choose one)Roasted beef tenderloin on a black truffle potato cake with onion and cambozola cheeseGrilled pork tenderloin stuffed with wild mushroom polenta on vegetables in a truffle port reduction sauceCoriander chicken breast in a wild mushroom pappardelle pasta with pestoGrilled salmon on fingerling potatoes and sautéed baby spinach in a coconut curry broth topped with a calamari saladWinter squash polenta with a spinach-ricotta portabella and yam-stuffed pepper in a tomato-basil coulis
DrinksOne glass of wineCoffee and teaEspresso, cappuccino, soft drinks, juices and mineral water (additional cost)
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Lord Sebastian, United Kingdom, January 2017
I really had a wonderful day on this tour, I got two wine tasting boards so I drank five glasses of different wines whilst relaxing in the lounge on the first half of the tour and then the next whilst having a superb lunch in the restaurant. What a marvelous tour, relaxing, excellent service and very tasty food with some good wines from the Napa valley that your traveling through.
Highly recommend this tour.
Reviewed by: Emile C, July 2016
Such a great time! Excellent food, nice staff.