- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
Oyster lovers, begin your culinary tour at Nick's Cove in Marshall, about a 1.5 hour drive from San Francisco. Meet your foodie guide and kick off the day with a local cheese platter as you get an introduction to the region’s famed oyster industry.
Climb aboard a comfortable seven-person van and set off along beautiful Tomales Bay. Your first stop is the famous Hog Island Oyster Company, where you will get a firsthand look at what goes into creating the perfect oyster.
Next, visit the Tomales Bay Oyster Company, where you will try your hand at shucking your own oysters. Further up the bay, visit the oyster bar and smokehouse at The Marshall Store for a sampling of smoked and barbecued oysters.
Continue on to Nick’s Cove oyster bar and restaurant where you’ll savor baked oysters paired with refreshing wine. Soak up the picturesque waterfront setting as you treat your taste buds to one last oyster. When you say farewell to your guide, take home a commemorative tote bag to remind you of your delightful oyster-slurping day.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
End of the pier at Nick's Cove
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Taste the Freshest Oysters Straight from Tomales Bay
- Professional guide
- Transport by 7-passenger van
- Picnic lunch
- All oyster tastings
- Glass of wine at Saltwater Oyster Depot
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Additional food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tours run rain or shine
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- California law requires guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years old or 4' 9'' (1.4 meters); child seats are not provided on the tour
- Special dietary restrictions can be accommodated. For vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free guests, please advise at time of booking if you require special meals
- Please bring cash for additional purchases, as some businesses do not accept credit or debit cards
- Sunblock, hats and dressing in layers is recommended, as weather can be unpredictable
- Cooler and cold packs are encouraged, as there are many great foods available for purchase throughout the tour
- Variety of local cheeses
- Oysters: raw, barbequed, baked and smoked
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jim G, July 2014
Excellent tour,informative,fun,always interesting and never dull.Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and kept us interested throughout the trip. Needless to say the oysters were the highlight of the trip along with the hand selected cheeses,bread,pastries,and spreads at the picnic lunch. My favorite experience was learning how to shuck an oyster. Jim and Lori Las Vegas
Reviewed by: Susan P, April 2014
Truly amazing. It was an awesome tour. Our guide was knowledgable, friendly and had great insight into the area. The oysters were amazing. The picnic lunch, with the local honey and yummy cheese was perfect. We will be repeating that tour for sure!