Explore beautiful Point Reyes with a culinary adventure! Enjoy exclusive tastings of the best cheese, wine, oysters, grass-fed meats, breads, produce and more. Visit seven different food producers and do tours and tastings at each location. Travel like an insider and discover what makes West Marin so unique – the food, the farms, the people, the scenery, and the fascinating natural and cultural history.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Editor's Pick
Next, at Cowgirl Creamery, located inside Tomales Bay Foods, where you’ll savor six cheeses and learn the story behind each one. Take a stroll next door to Brickmaiden Breads – not typically open to the public – where you’ll feel like a privileged insider as you peak inside to witness the hard work that goes into every loaf of bread. Enjoy a fresh loaf from their wood-fire oven before heading to the Point Reyes icon, Bovine Bakery, to taste some chai and purchase some goodies (own expense).
Next, hop in the van and make your way to Marin Sun Farms where you'll indulge in a burger with sweet potato fries, onion rings, fried brussels sprouts and salad. Finish that off with some water buffalo gelato! Check out their impressive selection of 100% grass-fed meats, and enjoy a 10% discount on any item that catches your eye.
Explore the fields of Table Top Farm on the Point Reyes mesa and purchase some farm-fresh veggies from their farmstand. Then, taste delicious sparkling honey wine at Heidrun Meadery.
Your last stop is Hog Island Oyster Farm, where you can try Hog Island’s Sweetwater oysters fresh from Tomales Bay. Throughout your tour, you’ll learn about Marin’s artisan food production, sustainable agriculture, land preservation and local history. You’ll leave this food-filled tour with a happy belly!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Savor a Burger Made Only With the Freshest Local Ingredients
- Transport by 7-passenger van
- Picnic lunch
- All tastings
- Professional guide
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Discounts at select shops during tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Additional food and drinks
- Beer and wine available for purchase
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tours run rain or shine
- Sunblock, hats and dressing in layers is recommended as weather can be unpredictable
- Cooler and cold packs are encouraged. There are lots of great foods to purchase during the tour
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years old or 4 feet 9 inches (1.4 meters). Child seats are not provided on the tour
- Special dietary restrictions can be accommodated. For vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free guests, please advise at time of booking if you require special meals
- Bring cash for additional purchases. Some businesses do not accept credit or debit cards
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Stefanie O, July 2016
Amazing tour! You are able to get an informative history about the area while enjoying the best food West Marin has to offer.
Reviewed by: frybella, May 2015
Our tour of Marin County with Elizabeth was fantastic! Touring with Elizabeth was like spending a very informative and casual day with an old friend. She is a native of Marin County and knows its history, current environment, and all of its great people. This is a great way to get to know an area close to wine country and San Francisco in a very relaxed way. I highly recommend spending a day with Elizabeth. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our time with her!