Taste your way through the scenic dairy lands of Point Reyes! Visit three award-winning creameries and sample local artisan cheeses, right where they are made. Walk around the farms and spend time with the sheep, goats and cows. A cheese lover's dream!
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Editor's Pick
- Lunch included
Your morning starts at Tomales Bay Foods in Point Reyes Station in Marin, where you’ll meet your guide and enjoy some fresh cheese-filled pastries from the Bovine Bakery. Your local foodie guide is a certified chef and will teach you the culinary history of Marin, plus all the ins and outs of cheese making in this Northern California region, which is famous for its award-winning artisanal cheeses.
Next, hop in the van and visit two other local cheese farms. You'll meet the cheese makers, take behind-the-scenes tours of the facilities, and sample creamy goat cheese, nutty sheep cheese and robust blue cheese. You'll also learn how your favorite cheeses are crafted and aged.
On the farms, wander around with the farmers and pet the sheep, goats and cows. You are guaranteed to fall in love the the little babies! Soak up the glorious scenery and savor the farm-fresh flavors of Marin with a gourmet picnic lunch right on the farm (see Itinerary for a sample menu). Your 5-hour tour concludes back at Tomales Bay Foods in the afternoon.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Behind-the-Scenes Cheese Tasting Tour in Marin
- Transport by 7-passenger van
- Picnic lunch
- All tastings
- Professional guide
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Discounts at select shops during tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Additional food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tours run rain or shine
Sunblock, hats and dressing in layers is recommended as weather can be unpredictable
Cooler and cold packs are encouraged. There are lots of great foods to purchase during the tour
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years old or 4ft 9in (1.4 m). Child seats are not provided on the tour
- Special dietary restrictions can be accommodated. For vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free guests, please advise at time of booking if you require special meals
- Bring cash for additional purchases. Some businesses do not accept credit or debit cards
- Brick-oven bread
- Variety of local cheeses
- Fruits & nuts
- Local chutney & honey
- Wine & non-alcoholic drinks
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.