Immerse yourself in the beauty and solitude of Yosemite National Park in the winter season and run away with us for two days of crisp, fresh mountain air! At night, sleep comfortably in the historic Yosemite Valley Lodge nestled in the heart of Yosemite Valley. Here you will witness a Yosemite that few tourists get to see: towering granite monoliths blanketed in snow and magnificent waterfalls frozen in time. During your free time in the park, you may choose to hike, go snowshoeing, ice skate, grab a hot drink by the fire, or take a guided tour of the valley floor. This winter voyage to Yosemite is not to be missed.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Multi-Day Trip
Why endure the hustle and crowds of the summer? Immerse yourself in the beauty and solitude of Yosemite National Park in the winter season and run away with us for two days of crisp, fresh mountain air. Here you will witness a Yosemite that few tourists get to see: towering granite monoliths blanketed in snow and magnificent waterfalls frozen in time. At night, sleep warm and comfortably in the Yosemite Valley Lodge, nestled in the heart of Yosemite Valley.
During your free time, you’ll have the flexibility to craft your own experience: choose to hike some of the valley trails, join a ranger program, go snowshoeing, ice skate, or take a guided tour of the valley floor while surrounded by some of Yosemite’s most prominent landmarks. In the evening, kick back with a warm drink, arrange a twilight or night hike, or hear stories told fireside at the Majestic Yosemite (formerly Ahwahnee) Hotel. The choice is entirely up to you!
Only the explorer who visits Yosemite National Park in the winter months will truly understand the exquisite silence and majestic views that endeared travelers like John Muir, Ansel Adams, and Theodore Roosevelt to this astounding landscape. With fewer visitors and more solitude, this winter voyage to Yosemite is not to be missed.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Passengers will be picked up from their hotel between approximately 6:15am and 7am, depending on the hotel location.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Single occupancy of hotel room at the Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for people requiring sole occupancy of hotel room.
USD $684.00Pricing details
Double occupancy of hotel room at the Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for groups of 2 people booking together.
USD $534.00Pricing details
Triple occupancy of hotel room at the Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for groups of 3 people booking together.
USD $489.00Pricing details
Quadruple occupancy of hotel room at the Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for groups of 4 people booking together.
USD $464.00Pricing details
Frozen Falls of Yosemite
- 1.5-hour narrated coach tour
- Admission to Yosemite National Park
- Overnight accommodations (Yosemite Valley Lodge)
- Transport by biodiesel van
- Taxes, fuel surcharges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- Tours are arranged on a demand basis and require a minimum of 5 passengers to guarantee departure
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- One small, soft overnight bag allowed per person (hard case luggage is not allowed)
- Due to hotel accommodations reserved in advance, any amendments to dates will incur penalties in accordance to the cancellation policy as detailed in the Terms and Conditions
- Important: Any dietary requirements should be entered in the Special Requirements field when booking this tour
- Small, soft overnight bag that can fit under seat (approx. airline carry-on size)
- Hiking boots or durable sneakers (preferably gortex or waterproof)
- Warm layers (long underwear & wool fleece suggested)
- Waterproof jacket/pants for winter conditions
- Gloves, wool socks and a hat (75% of your body heat is lost through your hands, head, and feet).
- Water Bottle & Sun protection
6:00 am - 7:00 am Hotel/Hostel pickup in Downtown San Francisco and Fisherman's Wharf
7:00 am - 10:30 am Take the Bay Bridge to Oakland and the East Bay, then on to the Central Valley. After a 15-minute rest at a deli or local fruit stand to pick up some provisions for your day, hop back in the vehicle and travel through the Gold Country into the mountains.
Approx. 11:00 am Arrive at Yosemite National Park.
11:00 am-12:30 pm Begin with a one and a half hour guided driving tour descending through Yosemite's glaciated valley with its famous waterfalls and rock formations, and stop to take pictures and see the views. From these higher elevations, you can see El Capitan, Half Dome, and many of the frozen waterfalls all at once!
12:30 pm - (end of day) Stop for the afternoon at Yosemite Valley Lodge; right at the base of Yosemite Falls. Check in to the hotel, or just store your luggage at the front desk.
Maps and guides in hand, you'll get a chance to explore Yosemite's natural wonders on your own for the remainder of the day. Before exiting the vehicle, your guide will provide a choice of activities that may include:
- getting some lunch or dinner at any of the wonderful restaurants in the area (dining guides available upon request)
- spending time at the main visitor's center or the Ansel Adams Gallery
- hiking some of the trails from the valley (snowshoes are available for rent at Half Dome Village if you’re feeling adventurous)
- taking a guided tour of the valley
- ice skating at the Half Dome Village ice rink
- listening to fireside storytelling at the Majestic (formerly Ahwahnee) Hotel
- taking a twilight or night hike with an experienced Yosemite guide
7:00am (or whenever you choose to start your day) Enjoy breakfast at Yosemite Lodge (included in your stay - just present them with your ticket!), and then head back out for another day of exploring. Check your bag at the desk, and pick it up when you’re ready to head home!
8:00am - 3:30pm Hang out in Yosemite and do as you please; just be ready to meet your group back at Yosemite Lodge at 3:30pm for the journey back home.
3:30pm-9:00pm Head back West through the mountains, orchards, and fields towards the city. Enjoy the skyline of San Francisco at night as we cross the Bay Bridge and return you to your lodging.
If you cancel between 3 and 14 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jacob S, January 2017
I did the Yosemite overnight stay and I could not recommend this more. Yosemite itself is incredible, and my time there was great. However, I'll talk about the tour and not the amazing park of Yosemite. Both Mike and Vinncent our tour guides were perfect drivers. Since we stayed overnight they were very well organized in picking us up and dropping us off in Yosemite and the hotel. Informative and nice people. Could not recommend this tour more for anyone in the San Francisco area looking for a overnight stay in Yosemite!
What we did is they drove his from hotel to San Francisco. Stooped halfway for lunch. Then when we got to Yosemite around 11. They take you to tunnel view. If your doing the overnight tour. Then they will check you into your hotel and you are free to explore the park on your own till 3:30 the next day. Note you ride back with a different tour guide and group since the single day tours leave at 3:30 Then they took us home with a dinner break halfway. Greatly enjoyed it!
Reviewed by: Debbie T, December 2016
Amazing place to visit! Would definately recommend the overnight trip! Great tour guides!!