- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Popular choice with kids
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9:15am
USD $48.20Pricing details
Departs at 2pm
USD $48.20Pricing details
The Original Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
The Sound of Music Film Locations in Salzburg:
- Mirabell Gardens - The Mirabell Gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi.'
- Leopoldskron Castle - The front side of the castle was used as the Trapp family home, the children were boating on the Leopoldskron Lake and fell into the water. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
- Hellbrunn Castle - This hunting castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. In the gardens the glass pavillion was reconstructed for the pleasure of those fans still returning after 30 years.
- Nonnberg Abbey - Nonnberg Abbey is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria was a novice there. The baron and Maria were married here in 1927. The scenes for the movie made here include the opening with the nuns going to Mass and Maria coming too late.
- St Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang - Scenery shown at the beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St Gilgen. Like the Mozart family, visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
- Wedding Church Mondsee - Mondsee Cathedral was used as the location for Maria and the Baron's wedding in the film.
Please note: The coach will visit all film locations listed above. You will get off the bus at Leopoldskron Castle, Hellbrunn Castle, St Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang and Mondsee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: jody g, August 2016
Went on the Sound of Music Tour on August 15. It was the highlight of my vacation in Austria. The tour guide was the best! It was a totally great experience. Very informative, very well done. The tour guide could not have been better!! We sang on the bus, we laughed, and we saw beautiful sights. This was one of the best tour experiences I've had.
Reviewed by: Sharon L, August 2016
It was an amazing tour. I would really recommend it to anyone who likes the movie. Not only did we see a number of the places that were used to film, but we also got some very interesting information about the movie and the people in it