Madrid Hop-on Hop-off Tour with Optional Food Tastings
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Follow Route 1 (Blue Route) around historical Madrid with its grand royal buildings. Hop off at the Paseo del Prado to visit the magnificent Prado; disembark to explore the Royal Palace, or sit back and admire the Belle Epoque buildings of the Gran Vía, Madrid’s main thoroughfare.
Switch to Route 2 (Green Route) to focus on 19th- and 20th-century Madrid. Delve into elegant Salamanca, Madrid’s first bourgeois enclave; and travel the Paseo de la Castellana past skyscrapers, museums and the legendary Santiago Bernabéu — home to Real Madrid FC.
Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Madrid Essentials Passport:Upgrade to include the Madrid Essentials Passport with your hop-on hop-off tour and experience the Spanish capital like a local! The passport entitles you to a range of Madrid’s best culinary tastings, including wine, olive oil and other delicious food experiences.
View the Itinerary for a list of hop-on hop-off stops and Madrid Essentials Passports activities and experiences.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- March to October: from 9am to 10pm
- November to February: from 10am to 6pm
Valid from the time of first use, for the consecutive days selected.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Unlimited use of Madrid City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off tour for 1 calendar day
USD $23.50Pricing details
Unlimited use of Madrid City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off tour for 2 calendar days
USD $27.97Pricing details
1-Day Ticket + Essentials
Unlimited use of Madrid City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off tour for 1 calendar day + Madrid Essentials Passport
USD $34.68Pricing details
2-Day Ticket + Essentials
Unlimited use of Madrid City Sightseeing hop-on hop-off tour for 2 calendar days + Madrid Essentials Passport
USD $39.16Pricing details
Madrid City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- 1- or 2-day hop-on hop-off bus tour (depending on option selected)
- Discount booklet
- Tour map/guidebook
- Onboard audio commentary with headsets, available in Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Japanese, Catalan, Galician and Basque
- Madrid Essentials Passport (if option selected)
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Madrid Essentials Passport (unless option selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Buses are adapted for passengers with reduced mobility. The features include an automatic access ramp, reserved space for wheelchairs with safety clamps and fastenings, and an extended ramp and kneeling system to the right of the bus
- Hop-on hop-off tickets are not available for infants aged from 0 to 6 years old, as passes are free of charge
- Please note that due to some building works in the area, the Puerta de Alcalá stop will be temporarily cancelled
- Museo del Prado
- Puerta de Alcalá
- Barrio de Salamanca
- Plaza de Colon
- Plaza de Cibeles
- Gran Vía
- Plaza de España
- Templo de Debod
- Teatro Real
- Palacio Real
- Puerta de Toledo
- San Francisco el Grande
- Catedral Almudena
- Plaza Mayor
- Puerta del Sol
- Círculo Bellas Artes
- Museo Thyssen
- Museo Reina Sofia
- Jardin Botanico
Route 2 - Green Route (65-minute full-loop duration):
- Plaza de Neptuno
- Plaza de Cibeles
- Plaza de Colón
- Museo de Esculturas
- Museo de Ciencias Naturales
- Nuevos Ministerios
- Santiago Bernabéu
- C.S.I. Científicas
- Museo Lázaro Galdiano
- ABC Serrano
- Museo Arqueológico
- Puerta de Alcalá *
- Puerta del Sol
- Las Cortes
Madrid Essentials Passport Included Tasting Experiences:
- Tasting of three wines at a winery
- Tasting of Iberian specialities, including Manchego cheese
- Tasting of Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- Coffee at a stylish Madrid coffee lounge
- Tasting of churros (fried dough sticks) at typical Madrid chocolate shop
- Glass of sangria or beer at a Madrid patio (June to October only)
- Typical Spanish tapa (small plate) at one of six traditional Madrid taverns (paella, Spanish omelette, croquettes, fried green peppers, alioli potatoes or chicken wings)
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: ayana113, July 2016
Great way to see the city. I would recommend getting the tasting package. It allows you to go down streets that you would otherwise miss. Ask about the extended routes and enjoy.
Reviewed by: eidavid, July 2016
I thought it would be necessary to take 2 days for the new and old section. Not necessary. One day is plenty. Madrid is not that big after all. We did the two lines in one day and had enough time to spend over an hour in the El Retiro park. I suggest you only take one day.