As a visitor to the Exhibition you'll discover how shows were produced in the theaters of Shakespeare's time, from writing and rehearsals to music, dance and performance. Learn about the traditional crafts and techniques used during the process of rebuilding the Globe and find out how special effects were produced in Shakespeare's time — from thunder and lightning to flying on stage and realistic blood and gore.
Listen to recordings from some of the most Shakespearean performances ever or join the cast and add your own voice to a scene recorded by Globe actors. Create your own Shakespearean phrases in the word jungle, watch a sword-fighting display and browse the costume collection, where you can find out about the extraordinary methods used in creating clothes 400 years ago.
A visit to the Exhibition includes a guided tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre where storytellers take you on a fascinating half-hour tour of the auditorium. Journey through time to Elizabethan London with their colourful tales of the 1599 theater experience as well as the reconstruction process of the 1990s and how the wooden 'o' works today as an imaginative and experimental theatrical space.
Afternoon Tea Upgrade Option
After visiting the Globe, you can upgrade to enjoy a quintessentially British afternoon tea — with a twist. Served at the Globe’s Swan restaurant, the tea is inspired by scenes from Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Sip prosecco and your choice of tea, and indulge in a delectable selection of finger sandwiches, scones and cakes — many of which can be traced back to characters and food featured in the play. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
Please note: If you’ve opted for the upgrade, please arrive by 11:45am (Monday to Saturday) or 10:45am (Sunday) to ensure you have enough time for the exhibition and tour before the afternoon tea.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
March to October
Monday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Tuesday – Saturday: 9.00am – 12.00pm
Sunday: 9.00am – 11.00am
November to February
Monday – Sunday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Important note: rehearsals will also take place throughout the Theatre Season. Please note that access to the Globe Theatre may be restricted.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Theatre Tour and Exhibition
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre Tour and Exhibition
USD $19.43Pricing details
Theatre Tour and Afternoon Tea
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre Tour and Exhibition plus Afternoon Tea from 14:30pm in the Swan Bar or Restaurant. Includes a glass of prosecco, tea of your choice, sandwiches, cakes and scones
USD $60.24Pricing details
- Entrance fee and all day access to Exhibition
- Guided tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (maximum 50 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Tour takes 30-40 minutes, upon arrival you will join the next available tour, expected waiting time is half an hour in winter and 15 minutes in Summer
- During the peak theatre season (April 23 - October 2), there may be occasions when the Globe tours are unable to run due to matinee performances and rehearsals taking place. When the Globe tours are not available, Rose or Bankside tours can be offered instead.
- Herb fed lemon chicken, pea flower
- Smoked salmon, grape mustard and dill pancake
- Wild mushroom, whipped truffle cheese tart
- Duck egg mayonnaise, asparagus
- Chocolate and violet chouquettes
- Lemon and rose cake
- Strawberry delice and elderflower meringue
- Hibiscus and apricot shot
- Mulberry scones and plain scones served with clotted cream and midsummer jam
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: JENNIFER C, October 2016
Wonderful experience!! Guide was well versed. Afternoon tea at The Swan was delectable!!
Reviewed by: Jennifer, United States of America, September 2016
Super easy to walk right in for a tour with our printout confirmation email. Our entire family loved this tour and the kids said it was their favorite London attraction ages 6, 9, 10, 15. Our Cockney guide was funny and informative. Plenty of time to take pictures. The museum is a not-to-miss site afterwards with activities and exhibits for all ages. We even got to see a clothing demonstration - they dressed up my 10 yo daughter in peasant apparel!