Christmas Lunch in the Cotswolds
- All entrance fees included
- Editor's Pick
- Led by a local guide
- Likely to Sell Out
After Oxford, you’ll journey into the limestone hills of the Cotswolds, a region of storybook villages made famous by the wool merchants in the 14th century. These merchants helped build some of the magnificent manor houses and perpendicular Churches prevalent in the area. There will be time to stop for photos outside Blenheim Palace where Sir Winston Churchill was born before heading to a traditional English pub in the picturesque Cotswolds for your Christmas lunch.
Now its time to sit back and enjoy delicious English-style roast turkey with all the trimmings followed by traditional Christmas pudding served in a charming Elizabethan pub. Nearby, the Christmas festivities of the local village begin to take place; if you’ve brought presents, this is a wonderful setting in which to open them. The Inn boasts a superb collection of real ales and fine wines for those in the mood - why not celebrate the holiday with a brandy or two in front of the log fire?
In the afternoon you will journey to Stratford-upon-Avon, passing by Anne Hathaway’s cottage before arriving in this picturesque market town. Stratford-upon-Avon is most famous for William Shakespeare, Britain’s most famous writer who was both born and buried here. You can stop for photos or take a short walk at both his birthplace and the delightful Holy Trinity Church where the great man finally came to rest before returning to London.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Christmas Lunch in the Cotswolds
- Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- 2 course Christmas lunch with tea/ coffee
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Christchurch College and Shakespeare’s Birthplace will be closed on Christmas Day but the tour still provides a comprehensive overview of each attraction and includes Christmas lunch in the Cotswolds
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Traditional Roast Turkey served with stuffing, roast potatoes and selection of vegetables.
- Christmas Pudding served in a brandy sauce.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Ming Kong C, January 2015
This tour was amazing. We had the best Christmas lunch in cotswolds on Christmas day! Our guide was superb.
Reviewed by: MatiNacho, Costa Rica, January 2015
We weren't able to go to this specific tour because there was no public transportation or cabs available on Christmas morning. However, the tour provider was kind enough to allow us to change this tour for a tour of the Cotswolds on December 26. The tour was great, and the Cotswolds are beautiful!