- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
From Siena, your driver guide will take you to a well-known winery in the Chianti area, Monterinaldi or similar, where you'll spend approx. 2-hours. Here you’ll find out about how the regional popular wines are produced, and then enjoy a light lunch with a selection of bruschettas, cold cuts and cheeses, paired with 3 superb chianti wines plus vinsanto.
After lunch you'll visit San Gimignano, stroll around this enchanting medieval town and admire the breathtaking scenery with incredible vistas of the Chianti from 'Torre Grossa', the Cathedral tower, and appreciate the slower pace of life that hasn't changed for centuries. Stroll around the streets of this enchanting hill town and enjoy a gelato (ice-cream) in Cistern Square.
After leaving San Gimignano, the tour returns to Florence via the Chianti area stopping by the charming villages of Castellina in Chianti and Monteriggioni. And while sitting back savoring the subtle textures and tones of the wine, contemplate the beautiful countryside that has been your constant companion during the day.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Chianti Wine Region Small Group Day Trip from Florence
- Light lunch with wine tasting in Siena
- Transport by minivan (maximum 8 passengers)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jerrilynn, October 2016
Our driver/guide was knowledgeable, interesting and friendly. Our local guide in Siena showed us a personal side of the city, walking through neighborhood and learning the history of this beautiful city. Our lunch and wine tour in Chianti was beautiful and delicious! Great tour!
Reviewed by: Chuck, United States of America, August 2016
A great tour. Our tour guide, Jakamo, knew the areas very well and was a really valuable part of the tour. Each town was unique and really gave us a good sense of Italy that we couldn't have gotten in Florence or as part of a large group, and the winery visit was a nice addition. Definitely a fun and interesting day.