- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Renowned for its quality wines, stunning villages and breathtaking scenery, the Wachau Valley is the perfect place to enjoy a day away from the city. You’ll arrive in the Wachau Valley from Vienna by train, and then hop on your bike (rental included) to explore with your guide. Enjoy the freedom and fresh air of biking in the scenic countryside, with magnificent vineyards on both sides of the Danube River.
Sample Austrian wines at small, family-run wineries and pedal along the river. Visit six stunning villages, all of which offer lots of photo opportunities, before spending some free time swimming in the Danube or playing beach volleyball.
Learn why Austrian wine and schnapps are some of the best in the world and meander through the magnificent fortress ruins of Dürnstein (King Richard the Lionheart's prison).
When your time in the valley is up, take the train back to Vienna.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Wine Tasting Bike Tour departing Vienna
- Guided bike tour including bike rental
- Wine tastings and other local specialties
- Professional guide
- Helmet and rain poncho for the duration of the tour
- Transport by train to and from the Wachau Valley
- Gratuities (optional)
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Total cycling distance is approx. 16 miles (25 kilometers)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Routes may vary due to weather or other factors
- Lunch is available at one of the local wine taverns (approx. 9.50 euros payable directly). Vegetarian option is also provided.
- Electric bikes are available for an extra fee of 21 euros (payable on the day), subject to availability
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Blake B, December 2016
This was, by far, one of the highlights of our trip to Vienna. From the beginning of the day meeting our fellow travels to the train ride home was such a fantastic journey. Our guide was friendly, knowledgable and easy to keep up with.....he even steered us in the direction of a little shop that was giving samples of everything that you wanted to try. We met some great people and had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend this tour when visiting Vienna.
Reviewed by: dekotwani, October 2016
Excellent Tour and Must Do!! Our Guide Took wonderful care of everyone. Cycle was good and comfortable. Veg Lunch was good
At the Wine tasting session we were given information related to wine and Valley in general