First stop is a guided tour of Sir Christopher Wren's masterpiece, St. Paul's Cathedral. Crowned by the magnificent dome that continues to dominate the London skyline, the cathedral was rebuilt after the Great Fire of London in 1666. In recent years it has seen the wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales, to Lady Diana Spencer and, most recently, the thanksgiving services for both the Golden Jubilee and 80th Birthday of Her Majesty the Queen.
Then it's on to the Tower of London, the ancient fortress steeped in centuries of murder and treason, guarded by jet-black ravens. The splendidly dressed Beefeaters will tell you about the Tower's history, including tragic tales of royals and nobles who met their end within its walls. You'll also see the fabulous Crown Jewels, including the 6,000-year-old Koh-I-Noor diamond and impressive coronation regalia. Before you leave the tower, your guide will hand you a ticket for sightseeing cruise to Westminster Pier. The ticket can be used after your tour, or any other day of your choice (up until March 31, 2016).
You'll then continue by coach to the City of London, that famous square mile where brash new architecture towers above buildings dating back to medieval times. The Romans founded Londinium here 2,000 years ago, and the city's square mile of narrow streets follows the cramped medieval street plan.
You'll see the glorious dome of St. Paul's Cathedral, the elegant Mansion House, home to the Lord Mayor of London, and the nearby Bank of England, known as the Old Lady of Threadneedle Street, at the heart of the City.
St Paul’s Cathedral is closed to the public on Sundays and following dates: December 23 2014, February 4, 18, March 19, April 3 and May 12 2015. On these dates, there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and the tour will visit Tower Bridge Exhibition or Banqueting House instead.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
London City Sightseeing Tour Including Tower of London and City of London
- Drive through City of London
- Entrance to see Crown Jewels
- Guided tour of Tower of London
- Guided tour of St. Paul's Cathedral
- Blue Badge English speaking guide
- Transportation in air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note: St Paul’s Cathedral is closed to the public on Sundays: there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and the tour will visit Tower Bridge Exhibition or Banqueting House instead
- Please note: St Paul's Cathedral is closed on the following dates: July 2, October 6, 12 and November 12 2016- there will be a photo stop outside the Cathedral and longer time spent at the Tower of London and include a Thames River ticket.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Sharif A, Qatar, January 2017
Reviewed by: James Bell, United States of America, October 2016
Who knew that City of London and London are not the same. Loved the crown jewels and Tower Bridge . Excellent day.