Washington DC in a Day Tour
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- All entrance fees included
Begin your daylong tour of Washington DC by boarding your comfortable, air-conditioned coach at Union Station. As you travel the city, listen to your knowledgeable driver share information and anecdotes about the US capital and its many famous sights.
Get off your coach to visit certain landmarks independently. Join a guided tour (reserved for you in advance) of the US Capitol, where the Congress meets, and make the most of your photo stop at the White House South Lawn. At the White House Visitor Center, get a sense of what the White House looks like inside and learn about US presidents. Have lunch (at your own expense) at your choice of several locations; your guide will let you know when to return to the coach.
Pay your respects to the heroes of World War II at the stately World War II Memorial with its lovely fountains. Spend time exploring the vast collections at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
In the course of your tour, you'll also see the Washington Monument, FBI headquarters (J Edgar Hoover Building), Federal Triangle, Ellipse, Tidal Basin, National Archives, House and Senate Office Building, US Botanical Gardens, National Gallery of Art, US Navy Memorial and Grant Memorial — so keep your camera handy!
Your 8-hour tour of Washington's best-known sights concludes at Union Station.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Union Station
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Washington DC in a Day Tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Reservation of guided tour of the US Capitol
- Local taxes
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This tour requires that you print your voucher and present it to the Union Station office; otherwise you may not be guaranteed your spot on this tour
- If the wheelchair is collapsible (i.e. can fold up) and the passenger is able to walk onto the bus, the passenger can take this tour without making any special arrangements
- If the passenger is confined to the wheelchair, or it is not collapsible, the passenger or their agent will need to contact the tour operator two weeks prior to the departure of their tour to request a coach with a wheelchair lift
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: catalina, July 2016
Enjoyed the tour, bus driver gave great informations about the sights. Bus was in time. It was worth $50 per a person. I would do it again. First time in DC.
Reviewed by: kmjedwards1, June 2016
This was one of the best tours I have been on from Viator. I think it was due to the excellent narration from the bus driver, Cheryl. Due to the traffic difficulties, secondary to Rolling Thunder, she was outstanding in working around the traffic to get us to all of the monuments and historic places highlighted on the web for this tour. With her love of history, she really added a lot to our knowledge of US history.