- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- All entrance fees included
Caving in the Budapest caves does not require any special skills or prior experience – it’s a thrilling activity, suitable for guests of all abilities. Your guide will provide detailed instructions on the use of equipment (provided) and techniques for climbing.
After being fitted out with all your equipment, you will be ready for your caving experience across the 12-mile (20-km) multilevel Palvolgyi-Matyashegyi labyrinth system.
This tour is suitable for ages 13 and up to 50. Though you'll have to crawl, climb, scramble or creep many times during the tour, no caving experience is necessary.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departure at 9:30am.
Small group Budapest Caving tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Helmet and lamp
- Caving overall suit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Public transport tickets (please make sure you have a valid transport pass or 4 single tickets per person)
- Shoes (please bring tennis or cross trainer shoes)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 13 years old and maximum is 50 years old
- Please bring tennis or cross trainer shoes for this tour, no flip flops, high heels or sandals are allowed to be worn on this tour
- Please bring a warm jumper or polar fleece
- Please note no previous experience in caving is needed for this tour, but you will have to climb and crawl through narrow passages for 2 hours
- Please note no alcohol can be consumed prior the tour
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Ginger Spice, October 2016
This was a really fun and interesting thing to do. We had a wonderful guide who told us all about the caves we were in. This was the first time I'd ever done something like this and wondered at times how I was going to fit through the gaps in the rocks. I didn't need to worry though, the guide was super helpful. I'd recommend this trip to anyone as long as you're able to get down on your hands and knees, and sometimes your stomach, to get through the caving system. Have a go. You might surprise yourself!!
Reviewed by: Darcy A, October 2016
This was great. I had been caving in the past and this was one of the best ones I've crawled around in. The female tour guide made it fun. She had a fun sense of humor. I would defiantly recommend this.