Crawling, climbing, extreme fun in a unique setting!
Budapest’s hot springs have left a huge underground caving system which can be explored through climbing and crawling!
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- All entrance fees included
If you aren’t claustrophobic you can apply for our regularly scheduled cave tours which are guided by qualified caving guides. During the 2.5-3 hrs long tours you will often have to climb on walls and crawl through narrow passages so you have to be prepared for adventure.
The tours lead though natural parts of the cave, with the supervision of professional caving guides. All the necessary equipment - overall, helmet, light - is provided. You can change your clothes in changing rooms. Though one has to crawl, climb, scramble or creep many times during the tour, no previous experience in caving is needed.
Tour guides are qualified members of the Hungarian Caving Association.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
15:30 - Monday, Wednesday, Friday
10:15 - Tuesday, Thursday
14:30 - Saturday
From 1st February, 2017
14:30 - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
10:30 - Tuesday, Thursday
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departure at 9:30am.
Departure at 10:30am.
USD $41.02Pricing details
Small group Budapest Caving tour
- Caving entry fee
- Professional caving guide for the tour
- Use of helmet and lamp
- Use of overall suit
- Transport to and from the meeting point
- No food or drink is included but available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Due to insurance reasons this tour is not suitable for guests under the age of 14 and over the age of 55. Guests under or over this age limit will be refused to participate on the tour with no refunds. Each participant must wear suitable, closed-toe sports shoes for this tour - flip flops, high heels and sandals are not suitable and guests will forfeit their participations without refund
- Guests must sign a waiver form to participate on this tour
- Guest should dress for 16-18°C and have a warm pullover
- Caving overalls are provided on this tour
- Not responsible for accidents on the tour. Tour guides are qualified members of the Hungarian caving association
- Participants must be physically fit for climbing and crawl for 2 hours
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Rebekah P, January 2017
It was a treat to go caving in Budapest. Many parts were tight and required some physical work to get through making the experience more fun. I completely recommend the experience to anyone.
Reviewed by: Ginger Spice, October 2016
This was a really fun and interesting thing to do. We had a wonderful guide who told us all about the caves we were in. This was the first time I'd ever done something like this and wondered at times how I was going to fit through the gaps in the rocks. I didn't need to worry though, the guide was super helpful. I'd recommend this trip to anyone as long as you're able to get down on your hands and knees, and sometimes your stomach, to get through the caving system. Have a go. You might surprise yourself!!