Juneau Shore Excursion: Mendenhall Glacier, Whale Watching and Salmon Bake
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Buffet dinner included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
After pickup from your cruise ship port, take a narrated journey to the ice wall at Mendenhall Glacier with your informative guide. You’re sure to capture many stunning photos of the approximately 12-mile (19-km) long glacier.
Next, head to Auke Bay for your whale-watching tour aboard a 48-passenger sightseeing boat. Auke Bay is known for the dozens of whales that migrate there each year. The boat's extra-large windows, complimentary binoculars and exterior observation deck provide for an excellent whale-watching experience.
Finish your Juneau experience with an all-you-can-eat salmon bake, where you’ll enjoy a delicious meal including grilled salmon, cheechako chicken, Chilkoot baked beans, Tongass wild-rice pilaf, White Pass pasta, salads, beverages and a selection of side dishes. Top it off with delicious blueberry cake for dessert. Beer and wine are available for purchase.
You’ll also have the chance to watch Doug Chilton, a Tlingit Master Carver, and his son, work on two 10-foot-tall (3-meter-tall) cedar totem poles and silver jewelry. Hear about the legends and culture behind their ancestral traditions, and purchase unique works of art from the gift shop.
Then, sit back, relax and enjoy a scenic ride back to your cruise ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Juneau port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Port of Juneau
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Buffet dinner
- Naturalist guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- After booking, please contact the local tour operator to confirm your departure time.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Joy M, December 2015
Perfect day! Full day all three parts of this trip were great. Beautiful tour.
Jason and Amanda were great hosts for whale watching. Spotted migrant orcas and humpbacks on our trip.
Glacier park was nice.
Lots of food at the salmon bake.
Great transport between each event and back to Juneau/ cruise port.
Reviewed by: Brian B, August 2015
This was a Tri-Fecta for our family. The glacier is amazing, the Whale watching was Great, we got very close to the whales, saw several. I ate 5 pieces of salmon at the all you can eat salmon bake, it was Super Amazing. This was a great all in one package, I highly recommend for children, parents and grandparents... We had a memorable experience..