See Kangaroos and Koalas in the wild! This naturalist guided, small group tour gives you quality time to see wildlife and enjoy the wide open spaces of Australia. Watch the natural behavior of wild kangaroos, koalas and abundant bird life. Get involved in koala research with your naturalist guide. A delicious bush lunch is included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Walk amongst large free ranging "mobs" (groups) of wild kangaroos. Spot Emus, Cockatoos and other unique Australian wildlife on the grassland, in the bush and around the billabongs of Melbourne's Western Plains.
Visit an open forest in a National Park that is home to a large and healthy population of wild koalas. The koalas research project ensures that on most days you'll have multiple sightings of these delightful creatures.
Within easy reach from the center of the city of Melbourne, these environments provide the perfect introduction to Australia's unique wildlife and indigenous culture. The area you walk through is of great significance to the local Aboriginal People of the Wathaurong Tribe. Freshwater lakes and billabongs nearby provided a rich food source for them, and some signs of their occupation still remain. Your guide will share their knowledge with you.You will be provided with a picnic lunch, served in an open-air setting at the sanctuary, and includes fruit and cakes, coffee and delicious Australian "Billy tea".
Expert Nature Guides:
You will be guided on this journey by friendly, experienced and knowledgeable nature guides. Many hours of research work proceed the tour to ensure that you see and learn about native wildlife in its natural environment. Guides carry two way radios which link them to the office and to emergency services.
Although this tour is vehicle based, most of the day is spent outside the vehicle on a number of easy, flat terrain, bush walks so that you can get close to nature. Passengers must be able to walk unassisted at least 500m on uneven dirt surfaces. There may be up to 5 walks of this duration during the tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Langham Hotel
- Crown Promendade
- Rydges Melbourne
- Swanston Grand Mercure
- Holiday Inn on Flinders
8:15am Crown Promendade, 8 Whiteman Street, Southbank
8:40am Rydges Melbourne, 186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
8:45am Swanston Grand Mecure, 195 Street, Melbourne
9am Holiday Inn Flinders, 575 Flinders Lane, Melbourne
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Savannah Walkabout Australian Animals Eco Tour from Melbourne
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided full day tour
- Expert Nature Guides
- Gourmet bush lunch
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour operates with a minimum of 2 and maximum 8 adult passengers.
- What to Bring: Good walking shoes or boots, clothing to suit variable weather conditions (temperatures range from 5C to +35C, sun hat, rainproof coat, insect repellent, 15+ sunblock and 1 litre water bottle. Camera and binoculars are also recommended.
- Infant seats can be provided at a fee of AUD$20 payable direct.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Tour itinerary is subject to change to optimise wildlife experience
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Michael M, October 2016
This was an amazing trip. Kathy was so informative and made our trip fabulous. After seeing the kangaroos and koalas in some nature preserves where they were somewhat despondent, we found the walkabout the best to see them in the wild.
Reviewed by: Elizabeth M, August 2016
I had an awesome day! thanks heaps to Kellie, she was so energetic, enthusiastic and professional and ensured we all had a great day
this is a lovely day and I saw everything I wanted joeys in pouches sleepy koalas and dancing brolga!