- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a Blue Badge guide
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- All entrance fees included
After a 2-hour drive west, arrive in the beautiful Wiltshire town of Salisbury, world-famous for its 750-year-old cathedral that boasts the tallest spire in England. Enter Salisbury Cathedral to soak up the history and grandeur of one of the leading examples of Early English architecture; don’t miss the church’s chapter house, which displays the best-preserved of the four surviving original copies of the Magna Carta. Spend two hours perusing the cathedral, exploring the captivating town and having lunch (own expense) at your leisure before boarding the coach and drive to your next destination.
Traveling even further back in time through the rolling Wessex landscape, you will arrive in Stonehenge. Who dragged these massive stones to this lonely plain near Salisbury 5,000 years ago, and why? These questions have haunted the minds of centuries of scholars. You will have the opportunity to walk around these magical stones and contemplate the landscape in which they were erected so many centuries ago.
Re-board the coach for a 30-minute drive to your final stop, Bath, famous for its elegant Georgian architecture. Take a panoramic city tour to see Bath Abbey, the Pulteney Bridge (modeled after the Ponte Vecchio in Florence) and the Circus and Assembly Rooms. These 18th-century structures are considered the greatest examples of Georgian architecture in the United Kingdom.
You’ll also visit the Roman Baths, the best-preserved public baths from the ancient Roman world, beautifully restored during the Victorian era. Learn about the source of these famous hot springs, discover the baths' uses by the Celts and Romans over the centuries, and learn about the redevelopment efforts to keep this stunning ancient treasure alive.
Take some time to explore Bath’s compact pedestrian city center before embarking on the 2.5-hour drive back to London.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Salisbury, Lacock and Bath Day Trip from London
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Use of personal Vox headphones
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (maximum 50 people)
- Hotel pickup available (until March 31, 2017)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pick-up (from April 1, 2017)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Stonehenge will be closed to visitors on June 20 (closing early) and June 21 due to the Summer Solstice. On these dates the tour will visit Avebury instead of Stonehenge
- Please note: hotel pick-up is included from selected London hotels until March 31, 2017. Please contact the supplier directly 48-hours in advance to arrange
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.