- A la carte lunch included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Led by a local guide
Explore Napa Valley, Dry Creek Valley or Russian River Valley, depending on the day, and let your local sommelier guide teach you about the unique characteristics of the various regions. Dry Creek includes the town of Healdsburg and is known for its Zinfandel, while Russian River is near Santa Rosa and is known for its Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Napa Valley includes the hot springs of Calistoga and is a world-renown region for producing several types of premium wines. Take a scenic bicycle tour of the beautiful area and visit hand-selected wineries known to produce some of the highest- quality wine in Northern California.
At each winery, taste a variety of local wines and enjoy expert commentary from your sommelier guide. Follow charming roads and enjoy the breathtaking landscape of the California Wine Country as you cycle from winery to winery. Stop between wineries and indulge in a delicious picnic lunch (see itinerary section below for sample menu) among the vineyards. See the Itinerary section below for sample menu to whet your appetite! A shuttle will follow you to carry any wine purchases and assist any riders who would like to be driven. The total mileage ranges between 10 and 15 miles (16 and 20 km). Biking the whole way is optional and, at any point, guests may choose to ride in the shuttle.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Wine Country Bike Tour with Picnic Lunch plus Alcatraz Admission
- Bike and helmet
- Bottled water
- Picnic lunch
- Van transportation to and from San Francisco
- Wine tasting fees (USD $10-15 at each winery)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Selection of cheeses (e.g. French Brie, local goat cheese and Spanish Manchego)
• Charcuterie selection (e.g. prosciutto, salami, coppa)
• Fresh assortment of locally baked bread
• Green salad (e.g. wild arugula with fresh figs, roasted asparagus, and pine nuts in a Meyer lemon vinaigrette).
• Legume salad (e.g. toasted garbanzo beans with roasted Brussels sprouts and wild mushrooms in a sundried tomato rémoulade)
• Grain/starch salad (e.g. arborio rice with roasted butternut squash, charred broccoli and dried cranberries served with shaved parmigiana)
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Dave S, July 2016
Really had a great time, it was so nice to see the beautiful vineyards at less than 65 mph. It was mostly flat so we didn't kill ourselves and the 4 winery stops we made were each unique in their own way. The lunch was also very good. Great way to spend a day.
Reviewed by: angela.f.parikh, May 2016
Amazing day out - fantastic wineries, delicious lunch, beautiful scenery along the cycle routes I don't usually ride and great company!