- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Hotel pickup included
The market is split into the inner market, the wholesale portion that is restricted to visitors, and the outer market, the retail portion that features food stands, restaurants and shops selling Japanese kitchen tools. With your guide, stay in the outer market for about 45 minutes to explore the many stalls packed with exotic seafood and learn about the types of fish you’ll work with at your cooking class.
Next, your tour continues at a popular sushi restaurant for your sushi-making class. This cooking school is popular with both locals and visitors, and your guide will translate your teacher’s instructions.
Learn the art of making sushi — both rolls and nigiri — before sitting down to enjoy your creations for lunch.
Your tour concludes at the entrance to Tsukiji Station, where your guide can direct you to your preferred location.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Pickup is available at the following select hotels/locations in Tokyo:
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro, New Sanno, Tokyo Dome Hotel, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu and Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno and Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza and Tokyo Station
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome and ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 8:40am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour concludes at Tsukiji Station
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sushi Making and Tsukiji Fish Market Morning Tour from Tokyo
- One-way subway transport to Tsukiji Fish Market
- Sushi-making class, including lunch
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only)
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup, unless specified
- Transportation after the sushi-making class
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Note: The fish market tuna auction is not included on this tour
- During the sushi class, you may be placed in groups with Tokyo locals or other visitors
- The location of the sushi class may be changed to Ginza; in this case, you will take public transportation to Ginza with your guide, and the tour will end in Ginza after the class
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time and location may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- If your hotel is not listed, please select Hamamatsucho Bus Station at checkout and wait for your bus there by the scheduled time on your day of travel
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: megan.lomas, November 2016
Had a fantastic time. The restaurant was really nice and enjoyed learning about sushi and trying to master it ourselves. Would definitely recommend.
Reviewed by: vickimyatt, November 2016
One of our favorite activities. A fun morning. Seeing all the booths at the market was very interesting. Lots of food, seafood to buy, knives, etc. The food smelled delicious. Our guide was wonderful. The chef at the restaurant was skilled as well as fun. He taught us how to make the sushi, and he cut up an additional fish in no time. Eating our creations and learning about the history of sushi and the culture was phenomenal. Our guide was wonderful. We even received a certificate in a short ceremony. Tempura was served as well as your sushi. It was lots of food. A favorite!